tsw3002 spl

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by vx super6
hi all am new to here

about 5 years ago i bought a tsw3002spl pioneer premier sub and a mtx thunder 1000d amp

and now i realise the sub dosnt match the amp i have ie..sub is a dvc 2 Ohm and the amp is not 1 Ohm stable

at 4 Ohms the amp output is 500 watts would this be enough power to run this sub

here is a link to the spec sheet for the sub

Link: www.pioneerelectroni...
7 years 10 months ago #2 by Tezzating
Yeah thats probably only giving the sub a light massage. The venerable JBL 1200.1 will give you the power you need for not a lot of cash, delivering 1200WRMS @ 2 or 1ohm (regulated output).

I do recall those Pioneer's dont like to be too stressed out, so maybe consider selling it and buying something in a DVC 4ohm sub. Subs are cheaper than amps, and your Thunder 1000 is a good amp but needs the correct loading to deliver its power. I think this is the route I would take and simply upgrade the sub, off-setting the cost by selling the TSW3002.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: vx super6
7 years 10 months ago #3 by vx super6
thanks heaps for the info :thumbs:

yea thats what i thought aswell i been looking through ebay trying to find one at the moment
7 years 10 months ago #4 by vx super6
running at 2 Ohm it is rated at 1500 watts @ 12.5 volts
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #5 by amcinstaller
i had one of these before, never had a chance to use it in my car, but i did flog the bejesus out of a few in the showroom. they seem like decent woofers, i wouldnt be afraid to give it maybe 2000 but that would be in a spec box and with really clean power. dont cheap out on the sub amp and you should be happy with the sub.
7 years 9 months ago #6 by Tezzating

vx super6 wrote: thanks heaps for the info :thumbs:

yea thats what i thought aswell i been looking through ebay trying to find one at the moment

No problems, good luck finding the sub you want/need !

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 2.051 seconds