× A place for "newbies" to ask "newbie" questions. NO FLAMMING !

Car Audio on a Budget, The $1000 System

7 years 10 months ago #1 by Tezzating
** This thread discusses the content article: Car Audio on a Budget, The $1000 System **

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
7 years 10 months ago #2 by zion187reigneth
So thats a $1000 US ?.Hmmmmmm
I will really have to budget here because for 1k US i would want a killer setup.

I will have to think about this one for a bit.
7 years 10 months ago #3 by Tezzating
Well about 30,000 Rubles in Ruskie-Bucks.. sounds like an aweful lot until you run the conversions ;).
However you've reminded me to add XE to the links page !

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
7 years 10 months ago #4 by zion187reigneth
Very true 30,000 rubles. I feel wealthier already :side:
7 years 10 months ago #5 by Tezzating
Well it certainly makes you sound rich, like this 535,000 Yen :P CRX I got ;)

The values and budget point would obviously change depending on what base price points are in your region. To set the values, you could always take the model numbers, find the local price and adjust the budget accordingly.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
7 years 10 months ago #6 by zion187reigneth
I figure that a good plan is needed so my price breakdown will be .
All USD $
Headunit $200
Amp $300
Front speakers $250
Sub woofer $150
wiring $100
7 years 10 months ago #7 by Tezzating
The beauty of it is if you spend right the first time, you'll be able to add on as you can afford it. No point dropping cash into an elcheapo headunit when you know in 3 months you'll need 3x RCA's and remote control right ? ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
7 years 10 months ago #8 by Andy
Exactly Tezzating, i wrote that up with people in mind that dont see themselves upgrading anytime soon, and just want a mild increase in SQ / volume when compared to the stock system.
7 years 9 months ago #9 by zion187reigneth

Headunit $200
Amp $300
Front speakers $250
Sub woofer $150
wiring $100

I figured $200USD for the HU was sufficient enough.
I still think a budget 1k USD system is possible.

1K and the owner has all sounds available.

I perceived that this system would be something a newbie got regardless of what advice he was given :P
7 years 9 months ago #10 by Tezzating
Well yeah, everyone thinks a subwoofer is all you really need to have an aftermarket system ;)

I think this works pretty good for augmenting a factory stereo as well.. the headunits are getting pretty good, or far too integrated to be replaced. GM, Ford, even Honda & Toyota are starting to integrated touch controls for AC & GPS into their source units.
They also cram in cheap junk speakers :P. You can put BOSE, JBL or Pioneer stickers all over the grills all you like, but its still cheap & nasty junk hidden under them (out of site out of mind).

So you'd scrap the headunit from the list, spend THAT money on Line Level Converters, maybe add a processor unit/EQ unit instead. Or spend a bit more on the speakers !

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #11 by zion187reigneth
Got Any type of LLC in mind?

I definitely think a LLC is a viable inclusion.
7 years 9 months ago #12 by Tezzating
Yep, Scosche makes a really nice 4 channel converter Scosche SLC4 for under $30.
4 Speaker channels in, 4 RCA channels out ! Perfect for augmenting a factory headunit. They even have a Gain adjustment so you can eliminate clipping in the signal ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 2 months ago #13 by amcinstaller
lolz, christian spam :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
6 years 2 months ago #14 by zion187reigneth
hehe, gone now
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #15 by Tezzating
I dont like that "Womb" right there.. I feel it detracts from the masculinity of our little forums.

Also.. I just cleaned out like 50 damned spam messages o_O

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 1.400 seconds