× A place for "newbies" to ask "newbie" questions. NO FLAMMING !

Need help with amps and subs!?

9 years 5 months ago #1 by Borrisserr
I was looking to upgrade my system from one memphis 12, to the rockford fosgate P1L-2X12, which is an enclosed ported set of 12 inch subs. I Know I was going to need a new amp, so I was looking at the rockford fosgate Prime R500-1, its a mono amplifier, and I was wondering if it was enough to power this set of subs. The power ratings for the subs is #4-ohm total impedance, power handling: 100-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power) and the amp is 320 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms) If this amp wont work, then what amp would you reccomend? I am only interested in rockford fosgate amps though
9 years 5 months ago #2 by Dylan
Why only limit yourself to RF amps?

There are so many other products out there.
9 years 5 months ago #3 by soccerx6
Rockford, Hifonics, Pioneer, JL Audio they all make awesome amps ! you've got a lot mor eoptions than just RF though
9 years 4 months ago #4 by zion187reigneth
Borrisserr wrote:

I was looking to upgrade my system from one memphis 12, to the rockford fosgate P1L-2X12, which is an enclosed ported set of 12 inch subs. I Know I was going to need a new amp, so I was looking at the rockford fosgate Prime R500-1, its a mono amplifier, and I was wondering if it was enough to power this set of subs. The power ratings for the subs is #4-ohm total impedance, power handling: 100-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power) and the amp is 320 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms) If this amp wont work, then what amp would you reccomend? I am only interested in rockford fosgate amps though

I personally would buy the most powerful sub amp from RF you can afford.As a good rule for a sub amp to be considered a allround great amp that can be re used again and again ,the specs are 500wrmsx1@4 ohms.
500wrms x 1@4ohms is the standard entry unit.Anything smaller can only be used for mimimal amount of installations.
Time to create page: 2.123 seconds