× A place for "newbies" to ask "newbie" questions. NO FLAMMING !

How to wire my subs (3 12 inch)?

8 years 2 months ago #1 by ownsahi
hi i have 3 subs.... 2 are kenwood kfc w3012 single voice coil 4 ohm and the other is a kicker cvr im not really sure what the specks r on these my amp is a kenwood 1000 watt max 300 watt rms but i want them 2 hit as hard as possible i've never done this b4 so i need good details thank you
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2 by Andy
To be honest, i wouldn't use 2 different subs (the Kenwoods and the Kicker) in the same system.....but its up to you of course.
What model number is the Kicker sub?

What model number is the amp?....specs?
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3 by zion187reigneth
ownsahi wrote:

hi i have 3 subs.... 2 are kenwood kfc w3012 single voice coil 4 ohm and the other is a kicker cvr im not really sure what the specks r on these my amp is a kenwood 1000 watt max 300 watt rms but i want them 2 hit as hard as possible i've never done this b4 so i need good details thank you

Good sub woofers sound starts with a good Head unit.Fine tuning your sub volume to the rest of the music will make you happy in the long run.
So get your new HU with sub RCA output and AUX IN as suggested in your other thread.
If your new to wiring up and tuning sub woofers,start with 1 sub and go from there. Your ears will tell you that something doesn't work if you start adding more complicated setups without having the tuning tools to make it sound awesome.
Post us your sub amp model as a sub amp needs certain requirements( max ohms load) for multi sub-woofer applications.
8 years 1 month ago #4 by soccerx6
you shouldnt mix and match sub models, they will never play at the optimum and will sound terrible.
as everyone else said, go for the pair of kenwoods instead
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds