× A place for "newbies" to ask "newbie" questions. NO FLAMMING !

Got some nice subs but idk bout my amp (L7's)?

9 years 2 months ago #1 by GenDaLFF
Yeah so i got my L7's. they r 2 12 inch subs hitting at (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 1500/750, just for 1. i got them both in a ported box at 2 ohms. got a 0 gauge wires powering my amp but i feel it could b Lauder. i have a so so amp so im guessing that's y. its a 1200 watt hifonics. What amp would be good for these subs thats not 2,000$ ... lol
9 years 2 months ago #2 by Dylan
What is the WRMS rating on the amp?

Peak power means nothing.

How much are you looking at spending, and what country are you from?
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by GenDaLFF

Dylan wrote: What is the WRMS rating on the amp?

Peak power means nothing.

How much are you looking at spending, and what country are you from?

It says Hifonics Brutus BXI1210D 1200 Watt D-Class Mono Amplifier in the manual. I'm from the US, no real budget but $1000 is way too much
9 years 2 months ago #4 by Tezzating
I'd suggest picking up a Stinger distribution block (split 1x 0g into 2x 0g), upgrading the fuse value and then adding a second Brutus. This will cost about $350, and double your power.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 2 months ago #5 by zion187reigneth

Tezzating wrote: I'd suggest picking up a Stinger distribution block (split 1x 0g into 2x 0g), upgrading the fuse value and then adding a second Brutus. This will cost about $350, and double your power.

This is a good idea for the upgrade too.
:)
9 years 2 months ago #6 by Tezzating
I got interrupted mid-reply :P

Your other option would be to sell the Brutus 1600, then upgrade to the larger Brutus 2601 model. This is a bit harder cos you need to find a buyer for the 1600, but in the end would only cost maybe $150. You wont get quite as much power, but you'll have $200 in your pocket to spend elsewhere. Like a 2nd battery or a custom ported box (if you don't already have them).

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 2.065 seconds