× A place for "newbies" to ask "newbie" questions. NO FLAMMING !

Choosing an amplifier?

9 years 2 months ago #1 by aashop
so i want to run three Bazooka ELW1214P 12" 4-OHM subs in the back of my 1997 honda civic sedan what amp should i use? just use any 4 channel amp? whats a nice amp i dont want to get a $hit amp i want a nice one can u help me?
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by Tezzating
The best way to select an amp is to figure out how much power your speakers can handle, work out what impedences you can get from those speakers, then choose the amp which will deliver the power you need into the impedences you've got.

Bazooka rate those subs for 300WRMS each, so your total power requirement is around 900WRMS.
They're SVC 4ohm, which means you can get 3x 4ohm loads or 1x 1.3ohm (or 1x 12ohm, but thats rediculous no amp would make power at that load).

So what you need is either 3 amps making 300WRMS into 4ohm, or one amp which makes 900WRMS into 1ohm.
Probably the cheapest GOOD amp choice is a Kenwood Kac-9105d . 900WRMS into 1ohm, for under $200 !

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 2 months ago #3 by soccerx6
maybe a 2 channel amp which is 1 ohm mono stable would work too? but dollars to watts, that kenwood or a pioner gm8500 is hard to beat.
9 years 1 month ago #4 by zion187reigneth
Man, if your running 3 subs ,chances are you will upgrade again , so go for a killer amp, as much as you can afford.
1000wrms@4ohms is great, a serious benchmark for a street pounder.
Time to create page: 2.050 seconds