× A place for "newbies" to ask "newbie" questions. NO FLAMMING !

Hi I am new

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by Plamehaill
Hey guys,

I need to know how to install Audio equipment for a friend.It is his birthday soon and he will get equipment for his car.
I want to help him install it.
I noticed you have articles here.
What is the best articles i could read so i can help him in the future.
Thank you
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Tezzating
This is our most popular tutorial video, it covers pretty much everything about building and installing an aftermarket amp and subwoofer. decibelcar.com/index...

There's some model specific installation guides here decibelcar.com/index... and if you need wiring instructions, you can find them here www.caraudiowiring.net

This is a pretty generic door card removal tutorial (good for installing door speakers): decibelcar.com/index...

Finally here's a good video for learning how to wire subwoofers: decibelcar.com/index...

That should be enough to get you started. If you only watch the first and last tutorial, you'll be well on your way to doing a good job installing in your buddies car

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
8 years 9 months ago #3 by amcinstaller
how am i supposed to make money when you give away all my secrets and magic for free? :lol:
8 years 9 months ago #4 by LiquidAudio
second that!!!
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #5 by zion187reigneth
I had the same thought as you guys did. But i realized back in the day, that even though i technically knew(physically is another point al together) how to do as much if not more that my local Audio shop I still hanged around, helped out and did spend money there.Which i didnt have to do because i could get everything from some one else if i looked hard enough.

Anyway to make my point i believe the "Current shop" if it is to survive must some how encourage the sharing and learning of Knowledge, incorporating "subteam" systems that do not engage in the running of the shop but become the "Forum" platform which generates enthusiasm. This enthusiasm will show to the countless shop hoppers looking for the "cheapest price". Its the only way to hook these countless people to come back. Some how they feel it and recognize it as genuine intelligence.
Back in AUS when i was was apart of the subteam associated with a shop i came into the shop on certain times and was willing to sell gear to people if there was a chance for me to do it.And i did :)
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #6 by Tezzating
heh, I've told Mike to start selling coffee to the "hang out crowd". Itd be far more convenient for me for instance :P

Anyways back ontopic.. does OP have specific questions ?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
8 years 9 months ago #7 by zion187reigneth
In the shop i decided to hang out we had a computer with internet and all sorts of modeling programs,a lounge suite.

owww the OP?.ofcourse
8 years 9 months ago #8 by Tezzating
heh, if Liquid Audio had a lounge no one would ever leave.. :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
8 years 9 months ago #9 by Plamehaill

Tezzating wrote: heh, I've told Mike to start selling coffee to the "hang out crowd". Itd be far more convenient for me for instance :P

Anyways back ontopic.. does OP have specific questions ?

Hello
WOW you guys really like to talk.Now i think i will go into a car audio shop and ask a few questions.
I don't have any specific questions.
I have been into big shops with Audio in a certain area,but i guess you guys are talking about CAR Audio shops only?
8 years 9 months ago #10 by amcinstaller
yea our shop is car only
8 years 9 months ago #11 by Tezzating
Big Box are places like Walmart or Best Buy who sell everything. Car audio shops just do car stuff, usually interior work and custom work can be done there too

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
8 years 9 months ago #12 by Dylan
Car audio specialty shops also carry better brands, do better quality work, and know a lot more about audio than big box stores.

Plus, the guys that work in specialty stores are normaly right into car audio themselfes. That is always a good thing!
Time to create page: 3.990 seconds