× For posting reviews of equipment you have actually used. Please try and substantiate any claims with measured results.

JBL Power BPX2200.1 by Crown

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by Tezzating
A very classy looker this one with satin alloy legs and a smoked perspex cover to display the insides. Just add two neons for a custom install.

Unique Crown design adds their DBO & Parallel Channel mode.
DBO is a combined adjustable 10hz-60hz 24dB sub-sonic filter & adjustable 6dB bass boost @ sub-sonic cross frequency.
Parallel Channel allows you to connect the pair of channels together using a jump cable and activating the parallel circuit. This doubles the current and allows for safe running at low loads.

These amps are one of the most reliable d solid amps I've ever owned (and never had a problem with). I used a pair of these for 18 months for SPL competition and daily driving. Its a shame they've since been discontinued as they are quite simply my favourite amps of all time.

They also feature a CLIPPING indicator (the I/OPT light) and Duel 4g inputs, so 8x 0g can be fitting with some trimming ;)
All units came with a "birth certificate" showing rated power.

Specs:
4 ohms: 2450 watts x 1 chan.
4 ohms: 650 watts x 2 chan.
1 ohm: 1810 watts x 1 chan.

The Test System:
1x JBL W15GTi subwoofer
2x batteries

Test Equipment:
1x CRO
1x DMM
1x Goldline DSP-30 RTA

Gains adjusted on CRO @ 60hz.

3ohm, bridged, unclipped: 150.7dB
3ohm, bridged, clipped: 152.1dB

3ohm, parallel, unclipped: 147.5dB
3ohm, parallel, clipped: 148.3dB

Parallel modes meant to drive low impedences, so the loss of powers understandable.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 2 months ago #2 by Dylan

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

:)
Time to create page: 1.170 seconds