× For posting reviews of equipment you have actually used. Please try and substantiate any claims with measured results.

JVC R610 & R810 Headunits

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by Tezzating
Installed one of these (R810) in the wifes Pontiac this summer. The value for money is astonishing, $170 gets a lot of features from JVC. I dont believe you can get better value for the price point.

Features:
- Front & Rear USB
- Bluetooth (using the included dongle in one of the USB ports)
- iPod/iPhone interface via the USB
- 3 band parametric EQ
- 3x 2.5V RCA (front, rear, sub)
- 4x 20WRMS @ 4ohm
- Infinitely adjustable colour for face & buttons
- DOT screen (can draw images, etc)
- Handsfree kit (included mic)
- Rotory volume/control
- Remote
- MP3, WAV & WMV file playback from USB or CD

Full specs here: www.mobile.jvc.com/p...

The feature sets pretty complete for the price point. The only thing its really lacking is a PAUSE button.
In terms of sound quality, there's better sounding units out there for sure.. but you'll pay a premium for them.
If you're after an all-in-one upgrade without the expense or dont want to upgrade your factory speakers, this units worth a look.

The wife loved the colour tuning facilities, and you can set two schemes; one for day one for night. She uses bright pink for day and purple for night.

The USB works fine with her iPod Nano, iPhone and a USB memory stick (just copy on MP3 file's). The rear USB is a cable thats sufficiently long to mount into the glovebox or console area. Good if you want to use an external hard disk and hide it, whilst making it accessible.

Bad stuff...
You loose one of the USB's to the Bluetooth. There's no way around it, if you want the BT, you loose one connector.
The handsfree leaves a bit to desire, the person on the other end will get echo of their own voice which is annoying. Good for short calls, I wouldnt want to conduct a meeting over it.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 2 months ago #2 by Tezzating
I've also installed the R610 into a buddies Tercel. The only real difference is you loose one pair of RCA's (so you get Front & Sub only) from what I can tell.

www.mobile.jvc.com/p...

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 1.136 seconds