× For posting reviews of equipment you have actually used. Please try and substantiate any claims with measured results.

Dynamat Original - Door Kit

9 years 2 months ago #1 by Tezzating
This is the original bitumen based formula without the backing foil. The speaker kit is 2x 1ft^2 sheets, and costs about $20 making it one of the cheapest kits on the market.

This produces about half the loading of the Xtreme at around 1kg/m^2.

Application:
This ones pretty hard out of the packaging. You WILL need to heat this to get it to mould to even a gentle bend. I pre-heated mine in direct sunlight on a hot summers afternoon, but a hot air gun will work to.
You'll also need to use a roller (or 17mm deep socket) to apply this, cos it'll be too hot to work by hand.

Pre-cut your sheet before heating and it's actually easier and less messy than Xtreme cos of the stiffness.

Results:
It does what it says and reduces panel vibration around your speakers. At the price, I dont think there's any excuse to NOT use this kit when installing full range speakers. It nicely removes the buzzing and noise from the panels the speakers mounted to, giving a noticable and immediate improvement in sound quality.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Time to create page: 1.061 seconds