× For posting reviews of equipment you have actually used. Please try and substantiate any claims with measured results.

Digital Designs Carbon Cap Upgrade

8 years 10 months ago #1 by Tezzating
These have been on the market for a really long time now, and frankly I've always thought they were one of the single coolest options for a subwoofer ever.

Available in 2.5", 4", 6.5" & 8" sizes, to suit any sub from 6" up to 18".
You can order them in Wet or Dry look Carbon, or kevlar composite in almost any colour. Silver, Yellow, Red & Blue are standard, but you can pay extra to have them any colour you want.
The DD logo MUST be on them, but you can order it in any colour you want.

The coolest thing is you can order them straight (to upgrade already good woofers), as part of a reconing kit (for repairs/upgrades) or as an option when new.

Here are mine. This is a 6.5" Wet Carbon set, Purple DD logo's, attached to DD3510c.

They SAY this upgrade increases SPL by a few 0.1's, personally I think they just look FN AWESOME !

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

8 years 8 months ago #2 by soccerx6
they might not be for everyone but they do look nice and add some pizzaz to the normal boring cones
7 years 11 months ago #3 by gourtz
hello iam new on forum... how cost two caps with wet carbon for dgital designs dd1515 15''???????
7 years 11 months ago #4 by Tezzating
Welcome to DecibelCar gourtz !
6.5" & 8" will fit your 9515, just glue over the top of the paper caps. 4" will fit if you cut off the original paper caps. RRP I believe is $US65 each. Dry look caps are a bit more expensive.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
7 years 8 months ago #5 by amcinstaller
i thought steve was happy with his carbon cap upgrade, but maybe hes sad about selling the crx?
7 years 8 months ago #6 by Andy
haha :laugh:

Ive been looking through my old build pics, i wants another 1977 model Honda Civic :lol:
7 years 8 months ago #7 by amcinstaller
my post makes no sense with the antidepressant spam ad gone :laugh:
7 years 7 months ago #8 by Tezzating
If I miss the CRX I got visit Mike Brown :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
7 years 3 months ago #9 by WilliamSchrot
You are absolutely right.I am also in favor of CRX.
Time to create page: 3.951 seconds