MP4 player with ACTION HC USB flashdisk

9 years 5 months ago #1 by zion187reigneth
As you would expect its a cheaper mp4 made in china.No brand name but when i look for details on it it has ACTION HC USB flashdisk as the main software.

I need to know how i can change the structure this thing.I want it to be able to open up as a main folder and then choose my sub folders and play whatever i want .Right now when ever i add music it goes into the music folder and i can play the whole lot starting at No1 track and i can skip.I need to fart around and go into the root file to get to my different music folders and then i can play whatever type of music i want.
I can add a music folder into the pictures folder and it will still play the music staring at No1 when i go into the music link on the MP4.

ahhhhh i really want folder shuffle or album shuffle but when i wire the mp4 to my laptop i can delete and copy/paste a 100 folders and it doesnt change the way the mp4 player opens.

Some how there is games folders,e-book and some other folders that i cannot see when i use my laptop to look inside.i can wipe all the folders from the mp4(music,video,photo,record) and then i start the mp4 and it has the original screen still(music-vidoes-record-voice-radio-photo-setup-E book-games).

Ofcourse no music plays because i wiped all the folders with music in them , but games still has the factory games and ofcourse the mp4 still works as though it should.

I need to get into this thing and find a way to create album shuffle .I need it that way so i can pick and choose albums.

Anyone had prior use with these types?
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #2 by Tezzating
Basically.. what it does is what it does. The "stuff" thats already there exists inside the firmware ROM. Only way to change what it does and how it works is to remove that ROM and install a new one.

I cant remember the name of the project I'm thinking of (its to replace the FW on iPods, Creative players, etc).. but whatever. Here's another project which I think may be far more use to you: wiki.s1mp3.org/Main_...

I dont believe you'll find your exact device on their list, but you will find out how to identify what you have inside of it which is a good start.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 5 months ago #3 by zion187reigneth
nice link.I did a bit of digging around prior to posting and it appears most problems arise by people trying to do what i was looking for.turn a camry into a porshe.after reading on i think i have become worried that i will disable this working 8gb mp4 and spend 100hrs on the net in hope that i can recover it back to its original OS ,lol
9 years 5 months ago #4 by soccerx6
mympxplayer.org/supp...

that forum has heaps of info about action mp4
8 years 2 months ago #5 by PAFTACHHOATHY
Idea good, I support.
Time to create page: 2.089 seconds