Liquid Audio CivicBoom Ground Pounder rebuild!

5 years 5 months ago #1 by Tezzating
This is under going a full rebuild.. it did a best of 152.x dB in SS5+ with 12x DD 10's and 4x M3a

Now its being rebuilt into a ground pounder with a pair of DD 18's !

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

5 years 5 months ago #2 by Dylan
Delicious.
5 years 5 months ago #3 by Andy
Oh i like!!! Dosent look strong enough though.?
5 years 5 months ago #4 by Tezzating
Well thats what I said.. :P but I aint building it.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 4 months ago #5 by Andy
Any updates with this thing?
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #6 by Tezzating
Yeah, the back was chopped off that box to add more volume and extra power runs from the alternator back (3x 0g total). Its got dual alts, one stock 60A and the other I think is 140A ? Might be 180A.. Switching was added so the alt can be turned off cos the regulator on the big alt is funky and over-charges like a bitch :)
Power will be 4x XS Power batteries with machined buzz bars, they were just ordered.

I saw it mid week, the dash board is back in it, and the framework of the trim panels had been started. Its gunna get glassed out.

I'll be in there tomorrow so I'll take the camera and get some progress pictures..

Also, I'm to make it clear this is the shop Demo car. The shop SPL vehicle is a 90's Astro van :beer:

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 4 months ago #7 by amcinstaller

The shop SPL vehicle is a 90's Astro van :beer:

I really need to get over there more often. I have a pocket full of stolen screws for him too now that I think of it

This message has an attachment image.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #8 by Tezzating
You're gunna pop some tags ? Got stolen screws in your pocket ? :eek:

Here's a batch of pix..

Not related to this build, but here's MB installing with his world famous grinder :P

Batteries are staying here with some trim panels and machined bars.. $500 worth of them and double 0g on the amps

Here's the power runs off the alternator.. the Civic's got a stock 60A and 140A (I think, maybe 180A ?) aftermarket one too

Dash is back in place, and everythings SD'd to an inch of its life

Trimming out the front of the wall, FG sculpted and all. Once set, this is getting notched to accomodate the seatbelts ;)

When stripping it for the full rebuild MB found this fantastic wiring job, wrapped in electrical tape and shoved into a spray paint can cap. Worlds best distro-block.
Most of the wiring in this was a mess like this, or burnt.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has attachments images.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #9 by Andy
Looking good, hope there's some bracing behind that baffle? :unsure:

Thats a shocking job joining 0g, :laugh: I wonder what sort of voltage drop you would get across that bad boy? :whistle:
5 years 4 months ago #10 by Tezzating
Dunno, but when we probed the original speaker wiring there was close to 1ohm of resistance in the connectors.. so that would be similar.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 4 months ago #11 by amcinstaller
that poor civic has seen soooo many systems, I feel bad for it. but this one looks pretty sweet. I stopped by but his door was locked, so I made the drop in the mailbox for him
5 years 4 months ago #12 by Tezzating
I'm trying to convince him to rat rod it.. no side windows, louvered steel hatch window, leave the fenders off, over-wheel mini-arches, chopped bumper and finished in matte black.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 4 months ago #13 by Andy
Nah, that would be stupid.....its got a pretty cool paint job?
5 years 4 months ago #14 by Tezzating
Have you seena rat-rodded Civic ? Looks dope.

That paints going away.. this was another shops demo car, then it got handed around for a while, now LA owns it and want to loose the old image.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #15 by Tezzating
I need to get new pictures of the interior.. it should debut in this guise this weekend for dB Drag & Psyclone

Its packing a pair DD 9518's SC with carbon cones, one M3a for now (as the M4's are back ordered) and 4x big XS Power batteries.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 2 months ago #16 by Andy
You should get pics, nothing has been built without showing of pics :P

Sounds impressive, needs alot more power though? i would have thought 5-6k per sub?
5 years 2 months ago #17 by Tezzating
Yeah yeah, I need to get pictures. The graphics were all redone as well.. its looking pretty tasty now

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 1 month ago #19 by Tezzating
Oh and it did 154.1dB in dB Drag yesterday.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 1 month ago #20 by Andy
Looks great! There's alot more work in it than i first thought.....didnt know he was going all out with the interior too, awesome job. :)

154s from only the one M4.....well done!! Cant wait to see what numbers it does with all the power, high 150s....maybe a 160? :woohoo:
Time to create page: 1.483 seconds