2009 Subaru Forester XT

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1 by Tezzating
Well gang, guess what? I sold my F150 pickup, we'd had many fine years together but there's not getting past she was almost 14 years old with 270+ thousand Km's on her, and drank petrol like it was going out of style.
So I've picked up a 2009 Subaru Forester XT, 112000km and full service history. More pictures and videos to come !

Here she is, a few weeks after I took deliver and 100% stock.

This is a big ol' box of OEM parts ordered from Subaru

This is a big ol' pile of car audio equipment

This is a Hertz 8" prefab with a 10" PR, doing an SQ installation in this one

This is a Cobb Accessport V2 for Subaru 3rd gen, used for flash-tuning the ECU for various scenarios, modifications and fuels

Finally this is a Cobb downpipe, 3" polished stainless with a 200 cell cat. converter, bolt in fit*
*Not pictured, the bags of OEM Subaru nuts & bolts, turbo flange gasket & exhaust pipe donut which made installing the pipe a breeze

Actually I suppose that a picture of a picture of the pipe, on the cover of the install instructions, which I removed from the downpipe box after installation.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

3 years 4 months ago #2 by Andy
Ive been on here a few times, i noticed the new car on FB and all these goodies.....looking good :)

How does the sub sound and where is it mounted?
3 years 3 months ago #3 by Tezzating
Subs mounted to the back of the backseat, on the passengers side firing backwards. Its got a mounting bracket which is screwed to the seats frame, then there's two thumb screws holding it to the bracket, so it can be removed when the cargo space is needed for long objects.
The response is very smooth and the 10" PR really helps with the bottom end response, but its not too thrilling under about 35hz.

But the good news is it plays Go Cat Go loud :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
3 years 3 months ago #4 by Andy
Yep it sounds like a decent unit anyway....cant complain if it can play Go Cat Go :)

How do you find the AccessPORT module, had a decent play yet or still too cold / icey?
3 years 3 months ago #5 by Tezzating
The accessports only really for installing ECU updates.. for data logging and monitoring I used the Torque app & a bluetooth to OBD2 adapter.
I've since installed a 3" dump pipe with 200 cell cat, and flashed in a "stage 2" ROM. Huge difference in power, spools super fast and the 23% torque increase was very welcome in a heavy AWD.. can really get it hauling ass, she'll pull 120 in 2nd ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
3 years 2 months ago #6 by Andy
If you get the chance, try Dash Command. I used it regularly when i was travelling the hour plus drive to and from work, i loved it.

Oh ok so it sounds like WRX now? :P

It seriously looks nice though, that colour suits the car so well :)
3 years 1 month ago #7 by Tezzating

Andy wrote: If you get the chance, try Dash Command. I used it regularly when i was travelling the hour plus drive to and from work, i loved it.

Oh ok so it sounds like WRX now? :P

It seriously looks nice though, that colour suits the car so well :)

I've got Torque Pro & a bluetooth OBDII.. I've read that I can root my S5 and then it'll mirrorlink properly with the 2700BS and literally just clone everything off the phone to the screen. That'd be great, I could finally have a boost gauge ;)

Doesnt sound like a WRX, the downpipe just made the turbo spool faster and you can hear the wastegate chatter and exhausting. Off boost its as quiet as a stock Forester!

Yeah I'm digging on the satin white pearl a lot.. gunna detail it again tonight !

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
3 years 3 weeks ago #8 by Andy
Yeah its all the rage now, "mirror linking" has become a fairly standard feature throughout most brands and spec levels. There's soon going to be a dashcam addition to new models, so you can control and playback dash cam recordings etc etc.

Dont you worry about it being "lost" in the snow come winter?
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds