2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara DDiS Turbo Diesel

5 years 4 months ago #161 by Andy
Nope. Sometime in the last 6 months she has moved jobs and i havent seen the car since :(
All the CRXs for sale here are imported 4 seaters, might as well buy a civic :laugh:
5 years 4 months ago #162 by Tezzating
Ya know here they just let you fold down the back seat, or swap it out for the 2 seat interior.
People are such whingers about rules in Oz, it really is refreshing to come here and not have to deal with it.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 3 months ago #163 by Andy
Yep, well DB Drags in Oz has gone downhill BIGTIME since Angelo gave it up.....the new owner is a rule master and very strict. :(

The MEA format of "Bass Battle" seems to be more popular nowadays, the rules are relaxed and there's no fee for holding a sanctioned comp!

I'll keep searching, gotta be a nice stock CRX lying around somewhere, :laugh:
5 years 3 months ago #164 by Tezzating
Or buy an import and get a toolbox rear end off eBay :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 3 months ago #165 by Andy
I think he checks your compliance plate? :unsure:

I have done some further mods to the box and added dual 0G runs to the D3. Will whack it on the meter tomorrow night and see if i cant do 150 from this D3 :)
5 years 3 months ago #166 by Tezzating
Or make it belch smoke ? :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 3 months ago #167 by Andy
Didnt get the chance.....i sorta messed up and blew the deck in a VE Clubsport (Holden Commodore)....been trying to "rectify" the situation :(

TBH, this D3 has been rock solid at 0.7 daily. I crank it for over an hour at 3/4 volume almost every day, the sub and amp both get too hot to touch and start to smell a little, but they're all good ;)
5 years 3 months ago #168 by Tezzating
Want me to send you pix of my burnt out D3 ? :)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #169 by Andy
Nah its all good, this D3 is rock solid......not many amps can take 0.7 daily and never go into protect or smoke, i actually think its gained some with the dual 0g inputs, i have purchased a 1000A true RMS clamp meter and plan to clamp some amps, including the D3 :)
5 years 3 months ago #170 by Tezzating
Give it 11V and it'll let the smoke out dont worry :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 2 months ago #171 by Andy
Im not silly enough to give it 11v :laugh: Not sure what its dropping to, but with the Optima there and a 140A alternator i dont think its dropping below 12 TBH.

Clamped it today, still not sure im doing it right but got 2321w, does that sound about right or a little low? I would have thought 3k atleast.
5 years 2 months ago #172 by Tezzating
Whats your A & V ?

I always clamp for A, probe for V, and have both on max. hold mode. Never waste time with "RMS" stuff, or W readings 'cos V & A tell you more.

V / A = impedence
A * V = W PMPO
(A * V) * 0.707 = W RMS

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 2 months ago #173 by Andy
Cant remember, it was something like 118V AC and 20-25A AC. I just multiplied the two so i had the PMPO rating, haha.

My multimeter dosent have max hold, but the clamp meter does so i just watch the multimeter. Yes i use the clamp meter for amps and the m/m for volts. I play my peak frequency at max volume (rear door is open though).

Didnt know V divided by A equals impedance.....nice :)
5 years 2 months ago #174 by amcinstaller

Andy wrote: Didnt know V divided by A equals impedance.....nice :)

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: simple ohm's law mate! :lol:
5 years 2 months ago #175 by Andy
Haha......that ohms law thingy jogged my memory from the old TAFE days (learning my trade). I checked some paperwork i still have and sure enough, ohms law was there.......must have just forgotten, never actually had to use ohms law :laugh:
5 years 2 months ago #176 by amcinstaller
yea I did that at a similar school here. also not sure I ever used it much if ever.
5 years 2 months ago #177 by Tezzating
I didnt learn that at school :P guess I just remember it cos I love this shit haha.

So, what are your numbers?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 2 months ago #178 by Andy
I dont remember the exact figures, but i'll do another test and record them......it was something like above but abit less i think.
5 years 2 months ago #179 by Tezzating
I would expect a much higher current and lower voltage.. only amps I've ever seen pump out 110V were the JBL BPX2200.1.. Crown 6000 dumped 200+V :P

The D3 should make more like 60-80V, and 40-50A

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #180 by Andy
Here's a pic from the test i did today....

66.8V and 27.9A

This equals the following:

1863w PMPO
1317w RMS
2.39 ohms

Sound right? I would have though abit more power at 2 ohm?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds