2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara DDiS Turbo Diesel

6 years 4 months ago #21 by amcinstaller
3 months without an upgrade?!?! how DO you do it? i have trouble leaving my wifes car alone for 3 months at a time. i just keep telling her "ok dear, just this one thing" then later its another thing. soon itll have woofers :laugh:
6 years 4 months ago #22 by Andy
I swear its killing me.......morning radio gives me headaches and my "MP3" compatible POS stereo dosent like 90% of my MP3s or about 10 different brands of discs.....so im stuck with radio through about 15w per channel. :thumbs:

Atleast i have steering wheel controls? :laugh:

I spend way too much physical and mental time on other peoples cars, i barely have time to give mine a good think over.......but it must start with Dynamat :lol:

We're about to pick up the distributors for Hertz and Audison, i do like their gear :blush:
6 years 4 months ago #23 by amcinstaller
one of the local big-ish box stores around here (i think they have 5 stores in 3 cities) has hertz and audison, as well as alpine and pioneer and i think a couple more. seems like pretty nice stuff.
6 years 4 months ago #24 by zion187reigneth
i like hertz, i got a HP4x100 or something new and never took it out of the box :thumbs:
6 years 3 months ago #25 by Tezzating
True story, I always thought the brand was NERTZ, they need a better logo.

iStation used to sell all that Audison gear, I went to the cockroach scabbing session with Dave and they still had $1.2k on the Audison VRX !

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 3 months ago #26 by Andy
Damn you Zion :laugh:

I reckon Audison gear looks sexy, although i havent even heard their gear yet, :lol:

New issue with the Grand Vitara, exhaust leak around cat or DPF along with check engine light......might just scrape this repair in under the 5,000km warranty. Its booked in for next Monday, so we'll see.
6 years 3 months ago #27 by Andy
Issue fixed. Rubber hose going to the exhaust in between the cat and DPF had perished and wore through, rubber hose was falling apart in my hands, 3 year old car :unsure:
Replaced both hoses and covered them in heat-proof wrapping, afterall they are about 6" away from the turbo and exhaust manifold :eek:

Audio news.......Head-unit has arrived!!! Luckily Pioneer Australia are stocking the AVH-P8450BT:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Facia kit and harness / steering wheel interface are on the way, pics will follow! :woohoo:
6 years 3 months ago #28 by Tezzating
Nice !

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 3 months ago #29 by amcinstaller
wow. i like that deck, very nice! :thumbs:
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #30 by Andy
Well, finally, i have atleast a new head-unit in my car :woohoo:

I had some spare time last week to fit it so went ahead. Used a facia kit, wiring harness and steering wheel interface kit. All plug an play.
Steering wheel controls dont work :lol: Typical. Will need to follow up on that one.

Unfortunately with the outer trim ring fitted i cant eject the face to insert a CD/DVD or the SD card slot. Not a big issue though, ive got a 16GB SD coming so i'll load that up with stuff, then take the trim ring off and whack it in :smoke:

Here's a few quick photos of it fitted, i need to re-align the facia kit and clean everything up, but overall im happy with the look.

When i get a chance i'll post up some videos of the "advanced app mode" in action. I have the usual lag issue with my OBD interface, but im fairly sure its the cheap $60 version of the $299 one thats "supposed" to be used. :laugh:
6 years 2 months ago #31 by Tezzating
What sorts of videos are you watching on that thing ? Looks like women holding hands ?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 2 months ago #32 by Andy
Haha, i think it was a music video..........yep has to be :lol:

Got the steering wheel controls sorted. A phonecall to the head office and i get told the 2012 Pioneer units use a different SWC interface, so their Pioneer patch leads do not work. Lovely, where was the memo or email? Luckily i havent tried to hook up one with a 2012 Pioneer unit :S
Anyway, i got the universal model off the shelf and programmed it, works great!

Its funny really, just another example of not knowing what youve got till its gone. :lol:
6 years 2 months ago #33 by Tezzating
I thought you didnt wanna program it :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 2 months ago #34 by amcinstaller
which steering wheel control did you use? a PAC one or another brand? honestly i would grab a PAC before anything else, even if it did have to be an IR based one
6 years 2 months ago #35 by Andy
It was another brand (Aerpro) and their new $99 kits. Ive used the PAC ones plenty of times, after programming they've all worked fine. Price was the biggest factor, $99 vs $299 for the PAC.

Actually i have an IR PAC interface in the garage.....should have just used that :blush:
6 years 2 months ago #36 by Tezzating
Thatd be cool too :P ya know, free and all

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 2 months ago #37 by Andy
Seriously, I dont even know whats in there anymore.......i go searching for something and come out with 3-4 totally different things :silly: :lol:
6 years 2 months ago #38 by Tezzating
I'm lead to believe there's a Honda Prelude and possibly a spare station wagon

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 2 months ago #39 by amcinstaller
you know, in my stash of crap ive got the better part of a car in pieces, but i dont think i have an entire car stuffed anywhere in the basement :laugh: thats impressive!
6 years 2 months ago #40 by Andy
:laugh: :laugh:

No, there is no Honda Prelude OR Holden station wagon in my shed.......anymore :lol:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds