New Build - Option Audio Toyota Corolla Seca!

6 years 5 months ago #21 by Tezzating
Thats gunna look awesome when done, looking top notch already

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #22 by Andy
Thanks Tezzating. Finally got a fair amount of work done over the last couple of days, but unfortunately no pics :(

Both boxes are built, 1.54 Cu.Ft and 2 x 3" ports per sub. 13" port depth equals about 38hz tuning, so around high 40s incar i would imagine. Not the most musical but with a high SS filter and a short lesson in music choice he should be right ;) SPL-wise im confident in good scores, im aiming for mid 140s :smoke:
The amp rack squeezes right in between the boxes, only just then i noticed the 0G terminals of the mono sitting right up against one of the boxes, whoops!
Im going to make up some nifty right angled inserts for the power / earth connections, so that the actual connection point is behind the amp, via solid alloy ;)

Ive also mounted a set of the co-axials into the rear hatch / tailgate. This will give "some" full range sound when opened up at shows etc. They are mounted in pre-fabbed f/glass pods. I will more than likely leave it as is (dosent look too bad) or cover the entire panel with matching carpet that will be used throughout the install (customer's choice).

Pics will be taken next week and uploaded asap.
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #23 by steveo
YEP !! Cant wait its finally coming along nicely :laugh: Cheers Andrew nice work buddie, Heres hping we hit those numbers+. lol
6 years 5 months ago #24 by steveo
TRUST ME !!! If the owner didnt have to go to work he wouldn't. And would be leaving the lolla there! :laugh:
The owner is trying to swap cars about to get you the car more often lol.
6 years 5 months ago #25 by steveo
Im sure the customer can be convinced..... :P in a month or so lol.
6 years 5 months ago #26 by steveo
I must say Andy, I like you use of words " a short lesson in music choice " that's funny given the side job :P
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #27 by Andy
Welcome to the forums Steve, for everybody else Steve is the owner of this vehicle :thumbs:

As i said today, its all good. Ive got the car "booked in" for 20 hours next week......it WILL be finished :)

UPDATES!!! A couple of cancellations today gave me 3 hours to work on it, Steve wanted front pods ASAP for daily, so i continued on the boot install, naturally :smoke:

Aside from the previous update, i have made up MDF chocks for the subwoofer boxes and mounted them in. I have also bolted the amp rack to the floor and wired up both 4 channels.

Starting to come together:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

List of things left to do:

* Fabricate terminals for mono
* Fabricate cover panels for the sides of the amps
* Fabricate cover panels for the subwoofer boxes etc.
* Design / fabricate door pods to suit 2 x woofers / 2 x tweeters
* Mount tailgate panel / connect co-axials
* Figure where the left over set of co-axials will be mounted + wire them up
6 years 5 months ago #28 by steveo
hey regarding ur last thoughts if we dont use the leather there, ill use it on plastics and door trims. your thoughts? B)

This message has an attachment image.

6 years 5 months ago #29 by Tezzating
I'd use it on both ;)

Are the EQ subs for mockup puposes only or are they "it" ? What model are they ?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago #30 by steveo
Actully both. We are using them short term then switching to the Option Audio XT when the new series comes out. the model of the Earthquakes are DBXi-12
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #31 by Andy
Hmm, we'll have to wait and see with the covering, im thinking a "two toned" setup using charcoal carpet and black leather will be something different and still fairly quick and easy, which is required i think ;)

Unfortunately the EQs are SVC 4 ohm, so only a 2 ohm load on the amp (~1200wrms) for the time being......either XT or Pro series subs will be used. XTs are dual 2s (0.5 - dont think so, so again, 2 ohm) and the Pros are dual 4s which will give the amp the ideal 1 ohm load.

If you would like to go XTs Steve, we will need another OAX2000 :P

Pro Series:

XT Series:

6 years 5 months ago #32 by Tezzating
Pro looks like an RE-MX.. they use a Neo magnet ? The XT looks pretty serious, I'd go for them and more power :D

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago #33 by amcinstaller
yea, i think they both look like pretty bad ass woofers, but the second does look like itll pack more beatings into a car
6 years 5 months ago #34 by steveo
I really dnt mind getting the extra OA2000 as long as we dont have to re configure boxes to much for the new subs ;) I have a source for OA gear and he is able to get me another OA2000 for about 250 (NEW). but it wont happen till i get interior is done.
All in all if all goes to plan; Come friday, we will have some decent numbers. :lol:
6 years 5 months ago #35 by Tezzating
Yeah I'll do pretty good no matter what you do

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago #36 by Andy
Well, little bit of a setback today......gave the OAX2000 some power and she fried instantly, FETS could still be heard popping and screaming their little lungs out for a good 10-20 seconds after i pulled the fuse.....NO RCAs or remote connected. Both 4 channels are connected via the same D.B. and they are turning on fine.
We could rip it apart and start replacing FETS, but i reckon its a board fault and sure as hell those new FETS will blow again.
For the time being i will wire the subs to the bridged outputs of the second 4 channel, this will give each sub approx. 300wrms each, not too shabby but it will be a noticeable change over 6-700wrms.

Anyway, onwards and upwards with the install, hacked up the interior panels today and refitted them, also made top cover panels for each sub box, which extend across to the rear quarters.

Next day will be Thursday, plan is to finish off the sub box cover panels and fabricate the cover panels for the amps. If i get time i'll start on the front pods.
Friday plan is the front door pods, im going with a simple design but still make it look neat and most importantly, match the boot install for aesthetics.
6 years 5 months ago #37 by steveo
Ok. good news after an extensive amount of reserch ive found the sales track to claim warenty. i WILL be chasing this down like a mother !!!!er tomorrow to have it sorted to meet the comp at Maitland on the 29th.
I would hate to see everyone involved's hard work go to waist !!! ( Besides if i can go deaf i wont hear the missus complain lol.)
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #38 by Andy
UPDATES!!

Front pods are done, very basic (and quick) but came up OK. Ive just used the OEM pod as a guide for the first woofer, allowed for the window winder etc and placed the second woofer so it fires right up against your thigh with the door shut, definitely wont be missing out on any midbass!
With all fronts running and the rear coaxials in the tailgate, its loud and clear, can be heard for a long way, with some more tuning i'll be able to pick up alot of mids, highs are painful as it is so i think i'll be cutting the treble a touch :laugh:

As discussed with Steve today, the door trims will be totally redone in a two-tone style.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #39 by steveo
Yes it came along great sounded great also. clarity was awesome. bring on tomorrow :)

This message has attachments images.

6 years 4 months ago #40 by Tezzating
Hatch mount speakers is something I always wanted to try but never got around to.

It sucks when you smoke an amp.. I've smoked many many amps. When OA first went to Oz I dealt with their guy, they were pretty accomodating to me and I cant see that changing, so I hope you're all sorted now.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds