New Build - Option Audio Toyota Corolla Seca!

6 years 6 months ago #41 by steveo
not yet but i think that's happening this morning. We decided to to a llight grey over the standard door trim and leaving the charcol there but the missus says to cover it in the black leather as a 2 tone setup. so thats wots happening through the week..... hopefully..
As for the amp, Andy and the boys have worked hard to sort somthing out before the comp next week.
The co-axles in the hatch lid is diffrent but man you defenetly notice them spesh when open.
6 years 6 months ago #42 by Andy
It was really a question of 'where the hell are we going to put the co-axials?' haha. We still have another set, possibly going in the 'C' pillars.

Steve has purchased a new OAX2000, which will be installed ASAP. The blown one will be sent away for repairs at a later date, when the OA subs arrive we will install it as well for some decent power :rock:

We almost had bass today, but forgot about the custom right-angled buzz bars for power / earth, so we spent our spare time today fabricating some......im pleased to say we have the buzz bars :thumbs:

The Sound Off is on Sunday, so during the week (and with all my other jobs booked in) we will need to get as much done as possible. The ports are way too short, so i'll need extend them and to do the old chop and test method, along with the usual CRO gains and head-unit tuning.
6 years 6 months ago #43 by Tezzating
Sounds like a plan. How many batteries are you using that it needs buzz bars ? :P

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #44 by Andy
Unfortunately the mono is a tight fit in between the sub boxes, and there isnt enough room to allow for a decent power connection the normal way. We have made up buzz bars that will move the cable connection point to"behind" the amp. Ofcourse they will be insulated and pics will follow.

Battery-wise will be an issue, its only got a stock battery. I think i'll be lending him my D31 Optima Yellow Top for the meantime......we dont want any amps smoking because of low voltages ;)
When the second amp gets fitted along with the new subs, he will need to do something about the power situation for sure. There's enough room behind the boot install for possibly 2 deep cycles....
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #45 by steveo
That Sounds like a plan. Im actually hoping to put a deep cycle in this week (if all goes to plan that is.)
Well today we had abit of productivity as a friend droped more material off and i was to seedy to go out the missus sudgested i have a look at the trims. came out great however a second layer is required with more padding.
P.S (The lighting is a temp thing till something is decided as i had my boys on my back lol.)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 6 months ago #46 by Tezzating
Batteries fit nice behind front seats :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #47 by Andy

Tezzating wrote: Batteries fit nice behind front seats :P

haha, so do kids unfortunately :P

Small update, BASS!!! I hooked up the mono today and had a quick listen.......definitely getting some decent bass around the 45-50hz mark, wont hit the lows like i would have preferred, but i havent tuned the ports yet so anything can happen ;)
Once tuned i'll get some flex vids, can even do hairtricks over the tops of the ports? hahaha :smoke:
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #48 by steveo
here is the close up to give abit more space between the B+ and the amp rack.works well :beer: :thumbs:
And yes it was good :thumbs: to hear bass today, not as good as it will be when the ports r done.

6 years 6 months ago #49 by steveo
Yes!!!!! Semi fixed. One problem out the way. Got my hands on a yellow top today so here's hoping those electricle issues are resolved. Lol.
Have also decided after speaking to a couple of people I'm going to do the roof lining in the black leather .(If Andy leaves me enough lol.) and have organized for the dash to be done in black also.
6 years 6 months ago #50 by Tezzating
What were the electrical issues again ? Just not enough grunt to drive so many amps ?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #51 by Andy
Yes we were having some wicked voltage drop......i put it down to the battery.

Today, Steve purchased a new Optima D34 Yellow Top. I fitted it today and had a quick listen, no more VD and i reckon theres 1- 1.5db gain :thumbs:

I have also trimmed the boxes in charcoal carpet, and the top panels in the black leatherette to match the rest of the install. Pics will follow tomorrow ;)
6 years 6 months ago #52 by steveo
Dam you work !!!! The weekend I wanted off u have me working. Not just that I am so keen to see those pics dude.
Have u had a chance to look at the ports?
6 years 6 months ago #53 by Andy
Unfortunately i didnt get to tune the ports, i am really in need of some 3" PVC tubing to extend and flare in the insides......it will eventually get done, but sounds great, nice and punchy but still hits in the mid to high 40hz range.

Pics, this is as far as we'll go until Steve can decide on the final touches. Hopefully this will be over a month away so we'll be all set up in the NEW shop, 4x the size :smoke:

Anyway, here's a few pics i quickly took this afternoon:

This image is hidden for guests.

This image is hidden for guests.

More pics (and scores) tomorrow!
6 years 6 months ago #54 by Tezzating
That baffle only just clears the hatch huh ? :P Coming together well.
Numbers ? ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #55 by steveo
Yeah, looks great, also sounds great for the limited time Andy has had to do it.
-update 2-
After the rush back to Newcastle to get the car I took it home only to get recalled to work tonight.
When I got home I pulled the roof lining out to complete the look we were going for only to find the cardboard
Matting was stuffed from an earlier dodgy repair (previous owner.) but with steam fest tomorrow I decided to do a dodge job for the mean time
So it got leatherd also. Looks like crap but better than nothing for a week or so.
Andy's really done a great job. Cheers brosif. :beer:
6 years 6 months ago #56 by Andy
2" isnt enough? :laugh:

No problems Steve.....i will look awesome once its completed, and will surely have the "go" behind the show once new woofers and another OAX2000 monoblock are fitted ;)

The Seca competed at its first SPL comp today (see other thread) with a 140.5db @ 56hz. The car is playing a big factor in where it peaks but im sure with some PVC and a heatgun / bowl we can get atleast another 1.5-2db in getting that frequency down.....somewhere around 50hz would be better IMO.
We'll get it on the TL before the next comp :smoke:
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #57 by steveo
I was unsure about today's events as we havn't had much of a chance to play around, so i didnt want to play with the eq to much. but I was quiet happy to see how easy it was to hit the 140's.... ( exept for my quick lesson... DONT WEAR THONGS TO SOUND COMPS !!! )
today just makes me want to finish the upgrades quicker. :laugh:
I must also say; For my 1st comp it was great, Both the environment and personnel involved were great towards the new comers. :rock:
Even the missus (who doesnt like this to much loved it.) :thumbs:
Well done Andy. great job again.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #58 by amcinstaller

steveo wrote: ( exept for my quick lesson... DONT WEAR THONGS TO SOUND COMPS !!! )

:huh: :huh: :huh: please say you mean the footwear??? :lol:
6 years 6 months ago #59 by Andy
Bahahaha.......i'll take it a step further and say his thong got caught in the accelerator pedal :lol:
6 years 6 months ago #60 by amcinstaller
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: actually after i posted that i was looking at lake SPL and thought maybe thats why the footwear change. buddy of mine over here had a problem of a foot getting stuck on the gas pedal but hes like 6'8 or some outlandishly tall height and the incident occured in one of those tiny toyota pickups :laugh:

at any rate, congrats on the trophies! hardware always looks cool on your hood at the next show
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds