Completed Build - 1973 Mazda RX3

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1 by Andy
Here's some info and pics of a job i completed today,

Pioneer 6350SD Head Unit
Soundstream soft dome tweeters in A pillars
Soundstream 6x9s in parcel shelf
Soundstream 6.5" Splits below parcel shelf
Soundstream 12" Subwoofers x 2
Soundstream 4 channel amplifier (6x9s and splits)
Soundstream 1200wrms monoblocks x2 (subs)
Soundstream 15 Farad capacitor
Optima D34YT Battery
Dynamat sound deadening
Complete re-trim in cream leather and maroon stitching

I replaced all the speakers and installed tweeters up front for some staging, installed the 15 farad cap and re-did the alternator charge cable +. Spent over 2 hours tuning the system and making up several "EQ setups" so the customer could quickly change between maximum bass output, maximum volume output and maximum SQ.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 7 months ago #2 by Tezzating
You've been busy huh ? Nice work ironing out the bugs.. sucks when someone invests so much and dont get what they paid for. Like connected speakers ? lol.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 7 months ago #3 by Tom Da Tech
Now thats One SWEEEEET ride right there. I am in love. I want one like that send me the blue prints on Her LOL .
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #4 by Andy
Yes, very busy man right here :( I've been on boss's back to get some more custom / big jobs in, as they dont have any "demo" cars of such i really think its important to get our name out there as a place that produces reliable, show - worthy installs.

Tom, very nice car indeed! Here's a pic of it during a recent show "Powercruise", picture provided by our good mate Dylan at www.DylanMiazekPhotography.com :

6 years 6 months ago #5 by Tezzating
Yep nothing like an old school Mazda rotory for some fun. I wonder what it does down the 1/4 ?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #6 by Andy
Jamboree is on very shortly, so we'll soon know!

We spent over 2 hours on the TermLab last night testing the system, a best of 135.9db @ 38hz. I am more interested in its BassRace capabilities though, proving very stable in the 120.0-129.9db class, consistently posting 129.7s. The owner, im proud to say, has been severly mauled by the SPL bug and im sure this wont be the vehicle's best scores ;)
6 years 6 months ago #7 by Tezzating
Good stuff.. send him here ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #8 by Andy
Oh he has been sent, told, whatever you wanna call it......im quite surprised he hasnt posted actually, must be a busy man!
6 years 6 months ago #9 by Tezzating
Maybe he's worried too many people will ask to buy it ? ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #10 by RXMOODRX3
Hey All,
I am the very proud owner of the RX3, thanks for the kind words.
Andrew has done a fantatsic job of the final mods and tuning the system to be most competitive for the Jamboree (31/03/12 @ WSID).
I shall be entering the dB Drag Race & Bass Race, come say hello, I will need all the support I can get (newbie).

Chat further soon, time for bed now.

Kind Regards
Craig
6 years 6 months ago #11 by Tezzating
Welcome to the forums Craig !

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #12 by Andy
Welcome Craig, finally!

Good luck on Saturday at the Jamboree, you're system will be very competitive in BassRace....i'll be disappointed if you dont come back with a trophy!

Feel free to post up pics and info from the event :thumbs:
6 years 6 months ago #13 by RXMOODRX3

Andy wrote: Welcome Craig, finally!

Good luck on Saturday at the Jamboree, you're system will be very competitive in BassRace....i'll be disappointed if you dont come back with a trophy!

Feel free to post up pics and info from the event :thumbs:

Hey Andy, thanks man, you have prepared my BEAST and I for what is to come. :beer:

Looking forward to turn some heads with WTF!!! moments should be a blast. :laugh:

I shall post up some photos when done.

Cheers
Craigos
6 years 6 months ago #14 by Andy
Received a call over the weekend, the RX3 finished 2nd in BassRace, 120.0-129.9db class with a score of 129.1db. It also finished 4th in Street A class with 136.0db.

Congratulations to Craig on a top effort, having to use the official DB Jams CD instead of a pre-tested song!

We have already started talking about increasing the SPL, stay tuned!
6 years 6 months ago #15 by RXMOODRX3
Hey All,
Many thanks to Andy. :beer:

Yeh, I was so prepared then blown out of the water when having to use the db Jams Vol.14, i had a couple of minutes to choose a track. I chose track 7 which seemed OK but not ideal. :unsure:

First qualifier only topped 128.8db but the other competitor broke-out so that took me to the final. :)
I kept the same track 7, but maxed out(vol-63) with 129.1dB whilst the other competitor gained an extra 0.5dB in the last 3 seconds soooooooo close.

Very eager to now improve and grab a win on the next event.

Finals Video posted here:

This message has attachments images.

6 years 6 months ago #16 by Andy
Just watched the video......SO CLOSE!!! You had it him the whole time, started out ideally with 127s then slowly up into the 128s, well done!

Unfortunately at all 2x events the official DB Jams CD must be used.....Jamboree was a 2x event :(

Not a bad start to your SPL career i say :beer:
6 years 6 months ago #17 by Tezzating
Congrats on your 2nd place, so close !

Did you get a 1/4 mile time too ? ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #18 by amcinstaller
looking at his other vids id say 1/4 mile is about 12 ish seconds. and yea, way to go at the bass race! i do like the look of those tarantula grilles too. so gawdy and huge but so cool B)
6 years 6 months ago #19 by RXMOODRX3

Tezzating wrote: Congrats on your 2nd place, so close !

Did you get a 1/4 mile time too ? ;)

Cheers.

Yeh, my best time of the day was my last run - 11.832@190.99km/h on the street tyres.

All the fellas were wanting me to rip out the audio gear for a quicker time lol. :lol:

With some slicks to come, i will get down the 1/4mile in 10s.

\Stay tuned :rock:
6 years 6 months ago #20 by RXMOODRX3

amcinstaller wrote: looking at his other vids id say 1/4 mile is about 12 ish seconds. and yea, way to go at the bass race! i do like the look of those tarantula grilles too. so gawdy and huge but so cool B)

Cheers for that.
Yeh, the grilles were the inspiration for the whole interior concept, just love 'em.
Time to create page: 1.508 seconds