Completed Build - 1973 Mazda RX3

6 years 7 months ago #21 by RXMOODRX3

Andy wrote: Just watched the video......SO CLOSE!!! You had it him the whole time, started out ideally with 127s then slowly up into the 128s, well done!

Unfortunately at all 2x events the official DB Jams CD must be used.....Jamboree was a 2x event :(

Not a bad start to your SPL career i say :beer:

Thanks Andy, yeh sure am hooked now.

Can you confirm if the Thu 26/04 is good for more tweaking.
6 years 7 months ago #22 by RXMOODRX3
Hey All,

What shall i do for the Front Stage? :unsure:

Requesting Andy to make door pods, but what speakers shall i purchase?

SOUNDSTREAM Options are:
1. 6.5in 3-Way Coaxial
2. 6.5in 2-Way Coaxial
3. 6.5in 3-Way Splits
4. 6.5in 2-Way Splits
5. 5.25in 2-Way Coaxial
6. 4in 2-Way
7. 4x6in 2-Way

Will I require a further Amp?

Cheers
Craigos
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #23 by amcinstaller
could maybe split up a 4 ch and use 2 for the front and put 2 sets on the rears and new fronts on the fronts, but ill let andy decide. but if youre not opposed to finding another stealth amp (not sure how hard those are to find over there) you could just add another amp, and itll loook the same. personally, id go for splits up front, 6.5 inch 2way so you can maybe get a good mid kick up front.

or you could go 3 way for just all out loud :evil:
6 years 7 months ago #24 by Andy
Im leaning towards the 6.5" 2 way splits (the ones you already have), we'll make up some pods and get them covered in the same leather to suit.

I can do one better than the 26/4 Craig ;) Steamfest in Maitland is on the 28th and im thinking of holding a comp there :smoke:
6 years 7 months ago #25 by amcinstaller
2 ways are easier to fit into doors ;)
6 years 7 months ago #26 by RXMOODRX3

Andy wrote: Im leaning towards the 6.5" 2 way splits (the ones you already have), we'll make up some pods and get them covered in the same leather to suit.

I can do one better than the 26/4 Craig ;) Steamfest in Maitland is on the 28th and im thinking of holding a comp there :smoke:

Sounds great Andy, count me in. :woohoo:

Yeh, we will make a date after this event to get the front speakers fitted. :thumbs:
6 years 7 months ago #27 by RXMOODRX3

amcinstaller wrote: 2 ways are easier to fit into doors ;)

Cheers, we now have a plan. :)
6 years 7 months ago #28 by Tezzating
There we go !

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 7 months ago #29 by Andy
Yep certainly easier......i dont really wanna touch those pristine doors! :laugh:
The kicks are out of contention (more so for a 3 way setup) as the ECU is mounted on the P/S.
Honestly, for a show-orientated system, it bangs pretty hard.

Im open to suggestions guys, we are looking at ways to increase the DBs and obviously make it easier for Craig in Bass Race.......im not looking at component upgrades just yet (subs/amps), the wiring and battery are fine also. Possibly changes to the subwoofer enclosure?
Im thinking removing the Soundstream grilles would probably gain a little, but not alot......what about inverting the subs? until i get the subs out of the box im unsure of their breathing room, im banking on them being in about 1-1.2 cubes each, hopefully there's no air leaks or cracks :ohmy:
6 years 7 months ago #30 by Tezzating
12 sec is pretty damned fast ! Not sure you'd get much fast removing 50kg of audio gear ? Who built the engine ?

I'll be interested to see if some tuning can get you a bit closer to the 129.9 mark. IIRC, you dont *need* to use the dB Drag disk, even for multipoints. Bassrace seems to indicate any recorded media ?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 7 months ago #31 by RXMOODRX3

Tezzating wrote: 12 sec is pretty damned fast ! Not sure you'd get much fast removing 50kg of audio gear ? Who built the engine ?

I'll be interested to see if some tuning can get you a bit closer to the 129.9 mark. IIRC, you dont *need* to use the dB Drag disk, even for multipoints. Bassrace seems to indicate any recorded media ?

Cheers Man.
Yeh, 11.8 on street tyres, there is still a little more in this setup should be a flat 11.0.
But to get into the 10's I have already ordered some full slicks (Mickey Thompsons)..................... stay tuned on update of new ET.
VIS Rotary is the engine builder, Series IV 13B Bridge Port Turbo.

There was no arguing Kon on this matter of CD choice it was dB Jams V14 or nothing. :evil:
Andy had the audio tuned to 129.8db with the Official USAC Bass CD (1995) Track #7 So Damn Tough by Dre-Town, it was a sure winner. :sick:

I now have the 2012 dBDRA Combo Membership and the downloaded files for dB Jams V14, just need to get back to Andy for re-tuning to one of these tracks. :woohoo:
6 years 7 months ago #32 by RXMOODRX3
Look what i got to replace the front tweeters...........already!...................couldn't help it, there so shiny. :laugh:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 7 months ago #33 by Andy
Sorry, been a few very stressful days at work!

Totally missed the 1/4 mile time, WOW! Very impressive i must say!

Yes Tezzating unfortunately it does state in the rules the latest DB Jams to be used for Bass Race and DB Drags at all 2x events. They must have changed this rule recently, as im sure a few years ago you were allowed to play your own music.

Im sure we'll find a suitable track on that disc. I will SMS you when i get back to work about the 26th for a test n tune.....i have so many projects happening right now its not funny!
Loving those tweeters, very bling......matching woofers with small spider grilles? :P
6 years 7 months ago #34 by Tezzating
Hrmmm, dB Don is pretty relaxed about that here.. Infact the dB Drag rules are pretty relaxed in north america in general. Ah well.. tune with Jams 14 and I think you'll push the 129.9 not a problem.

Thats an awesome ET on street tires and in a loaded car! I hope the slicks get you your goal of flat 11.

Solid looking tweeters; ear shredding no doubt :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 7 months ago #35 by RXMOODRX3

Andy wrote: Sorry, been a few very stressful days at work!

Totally missed the 1/4 mile time, WOW! Very impressive i must say!

Yes Tezzating unfortunately it does state in the rules the latest DB Jams to be used for Bass Race and DB Drags at all 2x events. They must have changed this rule recently, as im sure a few years ago you were allowed to play your own music.

Im sure we'll find a suitable track on that disc. I will SMS you when i get back to work about the 26th for a test n tune.....i have so many projects happening right now its not funny!
Loving those tweeters, very bling......matching woofers with small spider grilles? :P

No worries Andy, I have seen one of the projects keeping you busy, looks great. :thumbs:

Yeh cheers, I will be a happy man once I have my slicks and pickup a high 10 second pass. :woohoo:

Cool, book me in for the 26th that will give me adequate preparation.

Your right on those tweeters, miniature subwoofer grilles :laugh:

Talk soon.
6 years 7 months ago #36 by RXMOODRX3
Morning All,

What should i do with the dB Jams V14 Files(.wav) to play on the head unit? :unsure:

1. Convert the .wav to a .cda - burn a audio CD
2. Convert the .wav to a .mp3 - connect using usb or a burn a mp3 CD

Cheers
Craig
6 years 7 months ago #37 by amcinstaller
well, youre not likely into cd skipipng bass territory *yet* so likely burning it to cd would be fine, and i believe with some programs (or most, tezzating would be the best one to ask) you can actually just burn the wav file to a cd. i know ive done it in the past i think with nero. also, check with the official rules what your proper source is supposed to be (cd vs. usb)

oh, and some decks will play wav files as well
6 years 7 months ago #38 by Andy
Yep Tezzating is the one to see about the CD, im sure he'll respond soon enough :P

Just checked the rules and:

The program media may be from a commercial source (such as a CD you purchase) or a custom, homemade recording.

and

Competitors may be required to use the officially approved dB Drag Racing competition CD or MP3 at all multi-point events. If an event takes place prior to the release of the official CD, then the previous year's CD may be used in the interim. (Please visit www.termpro.com/dbdr... for more information regarding the current season's officially approved CD.)

Not too sure about the "CD or MP3" factor, but i cant see anything that includes USB in there.....just keeps mentioning "CD" :unsure:
6 years 6 months ago #39 by RXMOODRX3
Thanks Guys for the feedback. :thumbs:

I will burn the .wav files to a CD(s) and also load them onto a USB stick and see if the head-unit will play them, as this will be retain the best quality sound.

If that doen't work i will then convert the .wav files to the .cda format which will be just like a normal purchased CD.

Interesting Andy the rules state "may be required" and not "must be required" :dry:
6 years 6 months ago #40 by RXMOODRX3
Hey All,
Had an awesome day at the Steamfest Sound-Off Comp on Sunday, picked up a couple of trophies.

1ST PLACE BASS RACE

JUDGES CHOICE AWARD

Big thanks to Andy for his handy work in tuning "THE BEAST" :beer:

Cheers
Craig

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds