Completed Build - 1973 Mazda RX3

6 years 6 months ago #41 by Andy
Easy done mate, you really have the 120.0 - 129.9db class wrapped up now.....was it a 129.7 followed up by a 129.9? :rock:
6 years 6 months ago #42 by RXMOODRX3
Hey Andy,

Look what i have for you to install this Friday :surprise:

Soundstream RF-60C 6" 2-Way Reference Series Component Speaker System.

Is 9:00am still OK, i have the Sound-off comp start @ 6:30pm Liverpool(Syd)?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 6 months ago #43 by Andy
Yep, 9am Friday is fine.....you can drop it off anytime after 8am.

Hopefully they fit into the pods without too many mods, test fit if you get a chance.
6 years 5 months ago #44 by Tezzating
How did you go at the Liverpool event ?

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago #45 by RXMOODRX3

Tezzating wrote: How did you go at the Liverpool event ?

I was put in Novice A class, placed 3rd with 136.4dB, first place topped 141.5dB
6 years 5 months ago #46 by RXMOODRX3
Will upgrading from Dual 4ohm to Dual 2ohm Subwoofers give me more dB?

The Stealth Mono Amps specs are
700WRMS @ 2ohm [Current set-up......I think]
1200WRMS @ 1ohm
6 years 5 months ago #47 by amcinstaller
depending on your end load. but the short answer could be yes. if you drop the end load impedance you can pull more juice from the amps, assuming you have the power supply (batteries) to run it. but andy would know more seeing as hes been in the car a few times. im kinda far away :lol:
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #48 by Andy
I can pretty much guarantee you will gain going to DVC 2 ohm subs - 1 ohm per amp :thumbs:

Those Soundstream amps are great quality, so stepping up to 2400w RMS is nearly double the power, in theory 3db gain. Im thinking 1-1.5, possibly 2db. Power shouldnt be too much of a problem, with the Optima D34 Yellow Top and a 15 farad capacitor.

Well done with the 136.4db, i think 140 isnt too far away with some new subs and tuning :whistle:
6 years 5 months ago #49 by RXMOODRX3
Your the man Andy, i love to hear this, onwards and upwards. :thumbs:

Catch-up with you this Friday, dropping car off @ 8:30am.

Cheers
6 years 5 months ago #50 by RXMOODRX3

amcinstaller wrote: depending on your end load. but the short answer could be yes. if you drop the end load impedance you can pull more juice from the amps, assuming you have the power supply (batteries) to run it. but andy would know more seeing as hes been in the car a few times. im kinda far away :lol:

Cheers man you right on, let's see Andy work his magic :)
6 years 5 months ago #51 by Tezzating
Lower impedences will always deliver good gains.. and get the power your gears capable of delivering :P You should gain a bit of efficiency from the lower impedences too. In my experience, you'll get 1.5dB gain or so.

Try disconnecting the cap and testing both ways ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago #52 by RXMOODRX3

Tezzating wrote: Lower impedences will always deliver good gains.. and get the power your gears capable of delivering :P You should gain a bit of efficiency from the lower impedences too. In my experience, you'll get 1.5dB gain or so.

Cheers Tezz will do.
I have on order a TermLab, should be here in the next couple of weeks, then it will be tweek tweek. :)
6 years 5 months ago #53 by Tezzating

RXMOODRX3 wrote:

Tezzating wrote: Lower impedences will always deliver good gains.. and get the power your gears capable of delivering :P You should gain a bit of efficiency from the lower impedences too. In my experience, you'll get 1.5dB gain or so.

Cheers Tezz will do.
I have on order a TermLab, should be here in the next couple of weeks, then it will be tweek tweek. :)

YES ! Thats the single best investment you can make for getting loud ! Nothing beats meter time for SPL, just like dyno time for horses

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #54 by RXMOODRX3
Upgrade very soon from the T5's.
Two 12inch Soundstream T7's 4ohm Dual Voice Coils with 4 Mono Amps in total driving the 4 coils.
Hoping that will gain the extra db to a total of 140-142.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 1 month ago #55 by Andy
^ Like!!

I take it you've received your TermLab?

I can certainly see low to mid 140s with that upgrade :rock:
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #56 by amcinstaller
they do look pretty sweet. interesting choice on the dual 4s, what amps are you using?

also, youll enjoy 140s bass. i loved 140s bass in my daily driver, but now i only have 100s bass.... :(
6 years 1 month ago #57 by Tezzating
Cover of Hot 4's too eh ? Good job !

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds