Peugeot 106 rallye Street A build

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #1 by Spyeleven
C/P from diyma.

this was last year.

It's a setup for street A class

1 12" Alpine Type R 1222D
1 Aero port 6"
1 Sound Magus x 2002 (Chinese D class amp, they said it has 2 KW at 1 ohm, but we doubt it because it cost 200 $ new)
Head unit is Alpine 9855r
Batery stock
Cables 50 mm2

With this we got 148.1 dB, with first box that we made for Peugeot...
I need to say that i bougth sub from second hand
which costed 120 $, the amp also second hand, payed it 90 $, the head unit i changed with my friend i gave him Alpine 9854 and a few Beers. Cables we got from an sponsor so all the budget for this was around 250 $

Now we want to optimize the box the cables and all the details, and our goal is 150 db.

This year we have changed only the amplifier and we put an Soundmagus x1502 which is rated 1.5 kW on 1 ohm.

First score with amp changed was 147.2 dB, e few day's playing with the setup we came back to 148.1 dB at home, and 148.0 dB on a competition without changing box, without changing sub we only changed port lengh't shortened it for 0.4 inch.

I will put some pictures and later i would like to hear some opinions because we want to build a new box.

This is the score set on the competition, the right one

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This is the sneak picture of setup, i just figured it up that i dind't take any picture's of the box and amp...LOL

This image is hidden for guests.

6 years 6 months ago #2 by Tezzating
Thats an awesome score from some modest gear. Do you have pix of the installation ?

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago #3 by Spyeleven
I will try to take pictures today, so you can see it...:)
6 years 6 months ago #4 by Tezzating

Spyeleven wrote: I will try to take pictures today, so you can see it...:)

That would be awesome, always love seeing good installs

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #5 by amcinstaller
holy crap! am i reading this right you put an amp thats *supposed* to do 2KW on a type R? so top end 1000 a side? thats awesome! :rock:
6 years 6 months ago #6 by Spyeleven

amcinstaller wrote: holy crap! am i reading this right you put an amp thats *supposed* to do 2KW on a type R? so top end 1000 a side? thats awesome! :rock:

Yes thats right we have him suposed 2 kW on 1 ohm on single wofer 2 + 2 ohm. But some guy's told us that the mesured the output of the x2002 (2 kW on paper) , and that his output is around 1 kW little lower, not 2 kW as it is declared. And they also measured the other Sound Magus the x1502 (1.5 kW on paper) and the measure output was 1.2 kW. So with this results of this Sound Maguses, the weaker amp on paper gives more power then the stronger one. I'ts very strange.
With this we can conlude that with x1502 we get more power and higer score...testing showed oposite..with x2002 the score was higher 0.6 dB in the same car and same setup that with the x1502... Conlusion these chinese amps are weirdd...:) but they are very cheap and for us they give us result's.

For the typeR 12" he can handle much more power, in the previus setup in another car we had also and typer R 12" 2+2 conected to an Hifonics Atlas AX4000D (2000 Watt RMS an 1 Ohm) which is not an chinese low budget amp and even it's told around that it gives even more power than rated. We went to more than 20 competition's with it never had any problem's... :)

Now the Hifonics is on repair because we putted it in another car i we remained without power and the AMP broke. But as soon it comes from the repair we will try replace the Soundmagus with it, and we expect some better score...:)
6 years 6 months ago #7 by amcinstaller
yea, hifonics does tend to make some pretty nice stuff. powerful too. i installed a hifonics brutus (about 1200W) in a vw jetta once with an alpine type x 12 and it had that woofer begging for its life :laugh: its good that you have good luck with the type R, i did have one that i was running once at about 650 watts, and it did ok, but then the surround came detached and the coil got screwed up. it was an older style, before they went to the hammerhead surround or whatever they call it.
6 years 6 months ago #8 by Spyeleven

amcinstaller wrote: yea, hifonics does tend to make some pretty nice stuff. powerful too. i installed a hifonics brutus (about 1200W) in a vw jetta once with an alpine type x 12 and it had that woofer begging for its life :laugh: its good that you have good luck with the type R, i did have one that i was running once at about 650 watts, and it did ok, but then the surround came detached and the coil got screwed up. it was an older style, before they went to the hammerhead surround or whatever they call it.

Here in Croatia many people rather use Type R than Type X, it's cheapier and word's are spreading that type r can handle more power than type x. i dont know if thats true but type R work's for us..:)
6 years 6 months ago #9 by amcinstaller
i would go with yes its true. i havent seen a type x perform well at all. one that we sold to a customer started to spew bits of voice coil out of the back after 2 months, and the impedance went from 2 up to 7 ohms :ohmy:
6 years 5 months ago #10 by Tezzating
Yeah I dont think the TypeX ended up being what Alpine wanted.. didnt see a lot of them when they were new, and I never see or hear about them at all now.
Back home lots of guys ran TypeR as well, specifically for SPL. That was before they could get DD :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago #11 by Spyeleven
Here, some pictures of setup. The box is out of car because we use it only for competitions.

This message has attachments images.

6 years 5 months ago #12 by Spyeleven

And we got a new sticker for my car...:)

This message has attachments images.

6 years 5 months ago #13 by Tezzating
Thats a good looking SPL system there, why do you have the strip between the sub and port ?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago #14 by Spyeleven
We don't know but it raises 0.2 dB...:)
6 years 5 months ago #15 by Tezzating
Interesting indeed !

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
6 years 5 months ago #16 by The Gee
0.02 gain is good for that strip of wood, thats what testing is for. I'm putting a strip in my new build
6 years 5 months ago #17 by zion187reigneth
i like
6 years 4 months ago #18 by Spyeleven
It's not 0.02 it's 0.2...:)
6 years 4 months ago #19 by Andy
Random question, but are the 6 inch Aero Ports like you have in your system easily bought over there?

They are almost impossible to find here in Australia.
6 years 4 months ago #20 by Tezzating

Andy wrote: Random question, but are the 6 inch Aero Ports like you have in your system easily bought over there?

They are almost impossible to find here in Australia.

Wanna set up an import buisiness ? :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 1.534 seconds