Vibe Audio Australia / AutObarn Maitland - Audio Demonstration Vehicle

2 years 10 months ago #281 by Andy
There's not many groundpounders out there that last more than one year :lol: Granted, some of them get stripped for bigger and better or money reasons, but alot destroy themselves fairly quickly haha,

No pics just yet, not much to show haha.

It seems i have inspired more guys in the region to build ground pounder type installs, we now have 3 cars doing over 150db at under 40hz hahaha.

After 2 years, i can honestly say a demo car like this one DOES create extra sales, work and interest in car audio. ;)
2 years 9 months ago #282 by Tezzating
Man thats great. Remember like 10 years ago when only a small handful of cars could touch 150? and what was it, one, or two, doing 160's in Oz?

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #283 by Andy
Thanks, yeah i only remember Tony's Surf doing a 160, 160.8 i think at AutoSalon Sydney when i first met you?

150.0 was a magical number 10+ years ago, yeah only a handful did 150s. Honestly, 160 has become the new 150 haha.

I think power these days is cheap....i mean 5kw amplifiers used to be $5000, now they retail for around a quarter of that, i paid less than $800 for my 5k ;)
2 years 7 months ago #284 by Andy
Well, its been a long time coming.....but, finally the wagon has had an upgrade :woohoo:

Here she is, the Vibe BlackDeath Bass 2. The Reaper.

Specs:

Dimensions (HxWxD): 75mm x 1000mm x 300mm
RMS@4Ω Mono 14.4v 1% THD: 1 x 2650 watts
RMS@2Ω Mono 14.4v 1% THD: 1 x 5200 watts
RMS@1Ω Mono 14.4v 1% THD: 1 x 9000 watts
RMS@1Ω Mono 14.4v 10% THD: 1 x 11,250 watts
RMS@4Ω Mono 18v 1% THD: 1 x 3200 watts
RMS@2Ω Mono 18v 1% THD: 1 x 6000 watts
RMS@1Ω Mono 18v 1% THD: 1 x 11,600 watts
RMS@1Ω Mono 18v 10% THD: 1 x 14,500 watts
Frequency Response: 10Hz-350KHz
Weight: 25.5kg

After some fab work, and adding extra 0awg wiring to accommodate the 3 x positive and 3 x negative power inputs, she was thrown into place:

This is the new v2 Reaper from Vibe, alot of the issues people experienced with the v1 have been addressed, the input stage has been totally re-designed and the amp now produces a cleaner, more stable output. I was certainly impressed when i scoped it ;)

The woofers, rated at 1500wrms are now getting around 2500wrms each :P

I am hoping for a 155 at 30hz, initial testing shows a 2-3db gain.....so a 155 should be reachable.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #285 by Andy
This was taken by the boss, he was impressed i could shake the cameras so he took a video for me :laugh:

2 years 7 months ago #286 by Tezzating
So are you doing a 16V upgrade to match that monsterous amp?
Looks like an earthquake in the video

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
2 years 6 months ago #287 by Andy
No not looking at 16V just yet ;)

It plays fine at mid to high volumes, does 150s all day. But its when you really turn it up that it starts pulling serious power and voltage drops lower than id like, around 11.5s. I'll be looking into an alternator upgrade and possibly a second alternator, who needs A/C haha.

Im yet to fully test it on the lab, but should get a chance this week.
2 years 4 months ago #288 by Andy
Well, since the reaper upgrade the system has been really lacking mids and highs. I had a pair of these bad boys lying around:

This image is hidden for guests.

But the problem was where to mount them? Initially i planned on mounting them into the rear tailgate, for show purposes. But after the reaper upgrade the front stage became almost non-existent, so it was decided to make up new door pods to incorporate the 12" drivers and the 2 x 6.5" mids:

I also have changed the source unit, from the Pioneer DEH-X8650BT to a Clarion CZ-603AU. The Clarion unit has 3 way active crossovers, time alignment and a proper 5 band parametric EQ system. The front stage has been completely rewired, now the 12" PA Horn driver on each side is powered active from a pair of Vibe BlackAir 2ch amplifiers, so 4 amps powering them :)
The 4 x 6.5" mids and 2 x A pillar mounted tweeters are being powered at 2/4 ohm from a Vibe Slick 4ch amplifier.

This thing gets real loud now, it actually gets clearer the further you get away......50-75m seems to be the best :)

This message has an attachment image.

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #289 by Andy
Im not sure if anyone comes on here anymore, haha. But im gonna update this thread anyways :P

The wagon had its first show since the upgrades, here's a few hairtrick videos:

2 years 3 months ago #290 by Tezzating
Sorry mate, what with real world commitments I've neglected the site a bit of late.. just recovered from another hack attack (YAY !) so we're back online.

Great to see your hair trick vids, I've watched them on FB as well ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
2 years 3 months ago #291 by Andy
Thats ok, i really should come on here more often and update with other cars im working on but im in a similar boat to you :P

The wagon is still going hard, with a 1600wrms front stage (6x amps total) it does 137db without the 15s. I have listened to most of my old school favs and alot of newer stuff, in 16 years of car audio, ive never heard a sound system that plays as loud as this thing does :lol:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds