79 Civic

5 years 11 months ago #1 by Tezzating
Andy can tell us more about this one, it was his first SPL car.. all I remember is they were the Jaycar "rusty magnet" specials and refurbed truck batteries

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

5 years 11 months ago #2 by Andy
Haha, didnt realize you had so many pics of the old girl..... :lol:

Yeah this was my first attempt at a walled car, 6 x 10" Jaycars, 150w RMS each. Initially i powered them off a pair of Jaycar 2 x 150s (it was complicated). With the smaller port (and black paint) it did 144s at 44hz :lol:

Never got to test the larger port and new stronger (32mm) baffle.

Yes batteries were from an mining dump ruck, weighed about 40kgs each and had 1200CCA stickers, yes that is 8awg wiring :ohmy:

I'll have to scan up some more pics of this and post them up.
5 years 11 months ago #3 by Tezzating
Yeah every so often a stranger would show up at a major car show and say "Andrew sent this photo for you" :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 11 months ago #4 by Andy
:laugh: :laugh: :P

When you loose your licence for like 7 years and cant get enough $$$ to go to shows AND build a SS 5+ car.......... :whistle:

Ahh, the days before digital photography was easy and cheap :(
5 years 11 months ago #5 by amcinstaller
that is pretty awesome. wheres that guy with the corolla, he needs to see this shit!
5 years 11 months ago #6 by Tezzating

Andy wrote: :laugh: :laugh: :P

When you loose your licence for like 7 years and cant get enough $$$ to go to shows AND build a SS 5+ car.......... :whistle:

Ahh, the days before digital photography was easy and cheap :(

I dunno man, I started shooting & developing film at home.. then scanning it, thats pretty cheap these days. Infact its so cheap to buy film and dev at home that I've come to realise that the whole film business was quite the racket.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds