Toyota Corolla Make over II

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #1 by steveo
Hi guys,
Well what a year. the corolla sofar with only one comp left before xmas has 6 trophies under its bonnet. What a great start :beer:
Now she is looking at another make over with style and volume :rock:
I have stripped the upper interior and A,B,C pillers. ready for dyna matting as its only been done as far as the boot and doors.
Even tho it was still bout 30 deg, i took to the roof with a heat gun to remove the old padding

After an hr of fighting the heat gun and the normal temp jack daniels was of great assistance, got it all off and cleaned, Only to find that in a period of 3 months the skin has sperated approx 1.5 cm away from the ribs so i was able to manipulate a single peice of 9mm between the ribs n roof skin.

more pics to follow in the morning as rain came out of nowhere. there is about 6 braces told it in place as both liguid nails and sikaflex were used.
Hopefully within two-three weeks i will have the roof /floor and pillars dynamatted. Im also filling my rear qrters with spray foam over the xmas break. Covering my boot and fuel cables in pvc tubing first lol
Andy and I are deciding to go with 4x Option Audio Pro 12" off 2x Oax2000's.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

5 years 9 months ago #2 by Tezzating
So they slapped carpet matting onto the roof from the factory eh ? Never seen that before! Using a wire wheel would have probably worked and been a lot quicker but now its done and its always fun to drink and work on a car ;) so I cant fault your methods either.

That roof looks pretty strong. Once you foam the cross ribs it should be rock solid!

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 9 months ago #3 by Andy
Yep looking strong :thumbs:

Not surprised the ribs have come away from the roof.....bass will do that :rock:
5 years 9 months ago #4 by steveo
Ok no pics yet sorry, but i bought 2x 750g cans of spray foam and it had more coverage than expected.
I filled the upper right hand channel on the roof and filled the rear quarter panel.
I thought is give a quick test . Vol right up quiet as a mouse and very little vibration. cant wait to fill it hopefully tomoz.
I'm hoping I get a chance to test it before I put the lining back in. *** HINT HINT*** lol will post pics tomorrow.
5 years 9 months ago #5 by steveo
hi, ok this week end has been hecktic. Friday I had jamie over re-doing his roof lining in vinyl as well as striping my car. Saturday had another dude building him a 18mm parsal shelf for his commodore, And today finished spraying the foam (yet to trim.) AND had Blake over building a ported enclosure for a 1200 Wrms 18" Audiobarn. which is about to be re-coned (as a upgrade to a 4000Wrms psi). Thank god for th e beer frigge :thumbs: :beer:

IMG_1094.JPG
unfortunatly i failed at leaving enough room for expansion and it tore through the existing Dynamat. but i got both upper sills and quarter panells completed

[attachment:2]IMG_1095.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:3]IMG_1096.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:4]IMG_1097.JPG[/attachment]
OOPS :blush:

[attachment:5]IMG_1098.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:6]IMG_1104.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:7]IMG_1112.JPG[/attachment]
good weekend.
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #6 by steveo
hi, ok this week end has been hecktic. Friday I had jamie over re-doing his roof lining in vinyl as well as striping my car. Saturday had another dude here, building him a 18mm parsal shelf for his bommadore, And today finished spraying the lolla with foam (yet to trim.) AND had Blake over building a ported enclosure for a 1200 Wrms 18" Audiobarn. which is about to be re-coned (as a upgrade to a 4000Wrms psi). Thank god for the beer fridge :thumbs: :beer:

unfortunatly i failed at leaving enough room for expansion and it tore through the existing Dynamat. but i got both upper sills and quarter panells completed

OOPS :blush:

good weekend.
O and i picked up a soundstream dtr1. 3400d basicly a freeby :rock:

This message has attachments images.

5 years 9 months ago #7 by amcinstaller
been a llllloooooonnnnnggggggg time since i seen one of those woofers. i used to want one so bad when i was younger. that is the one thats the last style before they went to all that flame stuff isnt it?
5 years 9 months ago #8 by steveo
Dnt know his blowing it up so he can recone it. Ill get a pic of the kit.
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #9 by Andy
Same one i built a box for about a year ago....there's pics on here somewhere with 2 x 6" flared ports ;)

www.decibelcar.com/f...

Didnt get to meter it, the owner fried it pretty quick :(
5 years 9 months ago #10 by steveo
this is the recone. Psi- 3k daily. so ive been told.

This message has an attachment image.

5 years 9 months ago #11 by Tezzating
Looks like a nice kit.. hope he has the power to move it ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #12 by steveo
hahaha, Defenetly the owner has the 10k vibe reaper
Actually would love to hear thoughts on the "Ground Zero Nuclear GZNW 12SPL Subwoofer 4500 Watt RMS"

www.gz-usa.com/subwo... is there anyone who has tried them on here u know of?
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #13 by FN02LO
I didnt authorize That photo Roachy ..

So in all respect you ow me a couple more Jacks

O and the PSI/Audiobahn is Going to be run off a Earthquake PHD3 3000Rms mono :)

Blake Young
5 years 9 months ago #14 by steveo
Welcome to Decibelcar Blake. :thumbs: :thumbs:
After ALL our in-depth conversations I think you will love this site.
i get alot of my info from here and Andy.
HAHAHA u gotta drive do u gotts to limit your drinking unless u intend on staying hahaha
5 years 9 months ago #15 by FN02LO
Staying it shall be .. or passing out on your lawn if need be i have a tray i can sleep in :)
5 years 9 months ago #16 by FN02LO

This image is hidden for guests.

there she is . Broke the rear view mirror and separated the roof lining on 950 watts. :P soon to be 3000
5 years 9 months ago #17 by steveo
must of been a well built box :rock: :thumbs: :beer:
5 years 9 months ago #18 by Tezzating
No experience with any GZ stuff.. there always seemed to be a lot of talk about it but never availability in my time. I still havent seen any GZ gear since getting to Canada.

Doesnt take too much for a good sub system to start shredding the vehicle interior up :D welcome to the forums FN02LO. Start a thread and get some pix of your ute up ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 9 months ago #19 by Andy
Yes welcome FN02LO....i am very envious of this Reaper amp you have, apparently the last Reaper was sold at Frankies over the weekend, so officially NO Reapers are left in the country :angry:

Please do start a build thread in this section :rock:
5 years 9 months ago #20 by Dylan
Super light Dynamat? WTF! That would just defeat the purpose of Dynamat in the first place ROFL.

Looks like your car is getting a little more serious. Good work!

I still can't bring myself to foam up the Forester.
Time to create page: 1.593 seconds