Toyota Corolla Make over II

5 years 4 months ago #121 by steveo
Hi guys... SCORE !!!!! after a few different boxes, woofers etc i busted my 50's cherry today 150 flat @ 45 Hz with a single
RE MT-18, with a 6.5 cuft box with a single 10" port. I tried a few ports but came out better with a donated 10" from Andy

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

5 years 4 months ago #122 by Andy
WELL DONE!!

Now get those 4 12s doing 150s :P
5 years 4 months ago #123 by Tezzating
Yeah 150dB I think is a mental wall.. and once you pass it you're a true competitor. I also think 150 is what separates SPL from music, so congratulations on joining the 150+ club.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: steveo, Andy
5 years 4 months ago #124 by Andy
Exactly, couldnt have said it better myself. :) 150 is a mental wall, a number on a screen really.

Welcome, now you have the basics downpat the real fun can begin :laugh: :P
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #125 by steveo

well since last time, i likked the 7 yr old MT18, Copped a dustcap to the back of the head in the process.
Tested Andy's MT18 in my car with my 2x USX65KV.1's hit

SCORE PB achieved :woohoo: thanks Andy

Andy took the amps and killed street class :woohoo: Nice one bro

Then the next thing i have this anxiety to get my 18 fixed so i get a 2nd and 3 days later i have these arrive on my door step

thats 2 RE MT18's D1, Qs, Dual tinsel and 4x 8"

Total components in this 3rd build will be :
4x USX65KV.1
2x XTX 800.4
2 x OAC160
1x Alpine Vpower 2ch (150RMS) model unknown
2x RE XXX 6.5 splits
2x 6.5" coax
2x RE 8" REX
1x Lanzar 3b Active Graphic
Pioneer AVH x5550BT
4 X Vision (120AH/998CCa)
1X d34
1x set tw20's

so this weekend I been a busy lil bee.
- Stripped car layed out a new frame for stronger false floor for new build.
- Layed New Floor

going for a 10.5 CUFT after displacements, then started to build taking my time with it whilst the recones are installed

then i walked out to find my boy tipping PVA all over it so i spread itall over the base and 3 walls, tuns out its seals well lol

This message has attachments images.

5 years 3 months ago #126 by Andy
YES!! Now thats looking nice and strong :)

10.5 cubes probably a little on the large side for SPL, but i know you want to play some music too so it should sound ok. What firing config? Woofers up port back?
5 years 3 months ago #127 by steveo
thats the original idea, but after building i realised i made a fundamental mistake which im unsure on how to rectify without scrapping the box.
The 2 18's dont fit next to one another so its either staggered on top or direct line to fit them. the box is as internally 1182 x 820 x332 3 layers of 18mm thick except for one side sorta miss calculated there and only have 2 layers thick oops. lol
also yay finally used pva lol infact like 3.5 litres just painting all the surfaces. making them smooth
5 years 3 months ago #128 by Tezzating
Stagger the subs, doesnt make much of a difference in output. Thats a hell of box you've got going on

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: steveo
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #129 by steveo
:woohoo: hi guys;

alot to report today.... the lolla has undergone alot of changes.
1) new frame and false floor.
2) facelift inc custom headlights

During nights i spent working on a new box for the new MT's
this box is going to show what ive learnt since i started really put some time and effort into this one.

Also, the build has changed....... along with running 2x RE MT 18's, Im also running a Vibe reaper with dual inputs off a total of 600AH/5000CCA (5 vision Batts)

Also adding 2x8" RE and FR 6x9's
Also wiring into the equasion. a Lanzar 3B eq. with a hidden 40A charger so tomorrow im hoping to test fit the reaper and 2x sets of RE TW-25's so thats 1 extr hidden amp somewhere

5 years 2 months ago #130 by Andy
Everything looks and sounds good to me :)

Really like that paint job, cant wait to see it in the flesh ;) Im assuming some tribal decals to separate the orange and white?

I expect the next update to have numbers in it :P
5 years 2 months ago #131 by Tezzating
Ah you got the outside finished hey? Looks good painted up.

The holes the port right? Looks like a window in the pix but I think thats a weird reflection

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
5 years 2 months ago #132 by steveo
Na going for a semi SMD design it's the port 54 mm long but going for a bolt in and the reflection is a material I put on the inside called metal line. Gives a hard smooth finish. The outside has abit yet but it will do 4 a while.
5 years 2 months ago #133 by steveo

5 years 2 months ago #134 by steveo
so today i decided as its a daily best be fusing the reaper as there are no internal/external fuses. was unsure how to go about this so i made a bolt in panel and did 4x lots 250A fuses as im using dual inputs

hopefully ill get it all done and box in ready for Andy to scope by thursday.... thats d-day.

5 years 2 months ago #135 by Tezzating
That'd work, but I think you'd be better off using a thick chunk of polycarbonate plastic, or delron plastic. Something that can take some heat and stress.. I wouldnt relish the thought of piping 1000A of current through something attached to a sheet of MDF ;) but kudos for creativity.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds