Pros and Cons of a flat wall ported at the bottom

9 years 4 months ago #1 by AK74
What are the pros and cons of a bottom ported flat wall like this one

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The set up in my current project means that a port like this would make things much easier to build - im just going for a silly loud boomer not chasing numbers

Thanks

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 4 months ago #2 by Tezzating
Thats some nice wood working on the port mouth, that'd look sweet fibreglassed over and painted up in a show car !

I digress. Back in the earlier days of dB Drag (2000-'02) a lot of the big guys used a wall design just like that, and for the same reasons you're looking at doing it.. sometimes its easier to fit that design in with what you have and what its going into.
It'll work just fine and lets face it, any wall is gunna be impressive and loud :D

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 4 months ago #3 by AK74
is there any benefit from doing a different style wall? i've also seen port on the sides, or port in the middle.
9 years 4 months ago #4 by Tezzating
There's debate about it but in the end, a strongly braced wall with good port tuning is more important than where the ports located. So it how much power you're feeding out. Port on the bottom is just a normal wall laying down :P.

Some people even prefer this look, hiding the port for a stealthier install.. or to psyche out their competition at events who'll think they run sealed ;).

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 0.856 seconds