Which is Louder: Sedan or Station Wagon??

9 years 4 weeks ago #21 by Dylan
Would you like me to bring some spare 12" woofers down with me?

Or some spare 9515's?

You would just have to provide the enclosure and amp. Unless we do some testing after the comp, then you would only need a box.

Nah, no banner yet mate. Highly doubt it will happen before the comp. I'm pretty tapped out and I haven't even started looking into it yet haha.
9 years 4 weeks ago #22 by Tezzating

Dylan wrote: Would you like me to bring some spare 12" woofers down with me?

Or some spare 9515's?

You would just have to provide the enclosure and amp. Unless we do some testing after the comp, then you would only need a box.

YES ! It'd be interesting to see the results with some good equipment and a lot of power.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #23 by Andy
So your coming then Dylan? :P

The problem i have is i really need both cars at the comp, or atleast a VN-VS sedan with a stock boot and interior ;)

I may be able to locate some boxes for the 12s, probably ported.....but a box for the 9515s that will actually suit them somewhat (not 2 cubes sealed) is going to be hard without actually building one. I have my old box to suit 15s but it wont fit in the boot of the sedan, so thats out too.

Leave it with me, ive also only got around 600wrms @ 2ohm and 800-900wrms @ 1ohm to play with, im not afraid to take that amp down to 0.25 either haha, i think that will be enough power for a basic ported box???

Oh yeah, shame on you for having "some spare 9515s" :lol:
9 years 4 weeks ago #24 by Dylan
I can't remember the coil config on the 12"s but the 9515's are dual 1.5ohms.

If we do it at the comp, we can just use one of the amps in the forester, and some really long speaker cable.

2400wrms should be enough to get 2 12"s moving or maybe just use a single 9515?

I have a music box for the 9515 here, but I don't know how I would go getting it to singo.
9 years 3 weeks ago #25 by Andy
Thats all good, if i can get a lend of some 12s in sealed boxes then i should be OK......although i would rather do it at the comp so there's plenty of spectators / witnesses ;) Only problem is getting a VR/S sedan to borrow for a hour or so.

I'll let you know before the comp if we will need any subs, either way its very generous of you and believe it or not out of all the people that are in the same position to lend gear AND will be at the comp havent actually offered to lend me anything, haha.

Thanks.

Anyways we'll see what happens, i'll sit down with some people and work something out :thumbs:
9 years 3 weeks ago #26 by Dylan
No worries mate.
9 years 3 weeks ago #27 by Tezzating
Videos Are Good :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 3 weeks ago #28 by Dylan
Yeah, I'm trying to convince Jess to come to singo with me. That way if we do anything at the comp there will be someone for pics and video.
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #29 by Tezzating

Dylan wrote: Yeah, I'm trying to convince Jess to come to singo with me. That way if we do anything at the comp there will be someone for pics and video.

Could be fun for her folio too.

Does she do any work with HDR exposure ? Similar to this sort of filtering:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

[

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 3 weeks ago #30 by Dylan
She does on occasion.
9 years 2 weeks ago #31 by Tezzating
Did you end up continuing this test at the Singleton Street Machine show ?

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 2 weeks ago #32 by Dylan
Nah, Andrew didn't have a sedan available.
9 years 2 weeks ago #33 by Andy
I havent forgotten about this, if i get time i will have a chat with the boss and see if i can lend some gear ;)
9 years 2 weeks ago #34 by Tezzating
A loan of a Sedan might be good too :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 1 week ago #35 by Andy
Oh i have the sedan, the manual VS (yes, still).....just havent had time to get a new windscreen and a blue slip.
9 years 1 week ago #36 by Tezzating
Really ? I thought you'd know someone who'd do both for a couple of cartons ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #37 by Andy
Ofcourse i do :laugh: ....time is the factor, its getting too close to xmas now to bother rushing to get it up for sale, i might as well wait until mid January. Well, that and theres too many boys in blue around here over the holidays.....Dylan would be able to relate with that.
9 years 1 week ago #38 by Dylan
F**K the police.... :P
9 years 1 week ago #39 by Tezzating
There's always time to drive an unregistered, uninsured Commodore around :P

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #40 by Andy
There is always time for that :laugh:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds