Which is Louder: Sedan or Station Wagon??

9 years 1 week ago #41 by Tezzating
Anyways :P no rush on the second round of testing. See if the boss would loan you a preloaded system ? That'd be pretty awesome.. DD does preloads now, we were playing with them last night ;)

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 1 week ago #42 by Dylan
What do you think of the DD prefabs mate?

I have had the chance to play with a few of them, I think there pretty good for there price bracket.
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #43 by Andy
Unfortunately there isnt much "call" for DD gear at the shop, so all we have is a entry level 12", 10", i think one 1508 and a few full range speaker amps. Ofcourse anything is order-able but not just for testing purposes. ;)

Its pretty hectic in the shop atm, so the testing may have to continue after Christmas now.
9 years 1 week ago #44 by Dylan
Anything hey... :P
9 years 1 week ago #45 by Andy
Well, if you want to wait for custom DDZs then yes, anything :lol:
9 years 1 week ago #46 by Dylan
I was more thinking along the lines of some dual 1 ohm recones for my SSX's so I can load the crowns down to 2 ohm and hopefully kill some of that impedance rise....

I don't have enough power for DDZ's :(
9 years 1 week ago #47 by Andy
OK then, give me those Treo's for a "recone" and i'll promise to send them away and not use them in my car :lol:
9 years 1 week ago #48 by Dylan
Haha.

You could just buy my 9515's... :P
9 years 1 week ago #49 by Tezzating

Dylan wrote: What do you think of the DD prefabs mate?

I have had the chance to play with a few of them, I think there pretty good for there price bracket.

They're pretty good. Solid MDF conctruction, slot ported, big steel grills. The Digital Designs logo stitched into the top is really nice, so is the alloy serial number plate below the input terminals. Depending on the price, I dont think there's any reason to buy anything else instead of one of these.
We played with a 1512 prefab I believe ? Slammed pretty hard off the demoboards little 1x 300WRMS amp ;). Made the lights pulse too.

For a drop in the quality is pretty good.. I just wouldnt ram more than 400WRMS into it ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 1 week ago #50 by Tezzating

Dylan wrote: I was more thinking along the lines of some dual 1 ohm recones for my SSX's

www.fixmyspeaker.com...

I'm sure if you ask, they'll exchange the D2 for D1.. for a price ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 1 week ago #51 by Dylan
Already asked. They want me to pull apart my SSX's to take measurements for them..... Fuck that shit.
9 years 1 week ago #52 by Andy

Dylan wrote: Haha.

You could just buy my 9515's... :P

There's another guy locally selling some tired 9515s, $600 the pair....wanna match that? lol.

The OA thing is still in the pipeline (and will be for another month or two by the sounds of it) so i'll wait and see what happens with that first, if not then i want to try Rockford Fosgate before the inevitable DD....if i cant get a sponsorship then i'll go with DD anyway :laugh:
9 years 1 week ago #53 by Dylan
Man, my 9515's are pretty much new, so...no. :P

Fingers crossed for some sponsorship mate.
9 years 1 week ago #54 by zion187reigneth

C.C.S.S. wrote:

Dylan wrote: Haha.
...if i cant get a sponsorship then i'll go with DD anyway :laugh:

Maybe tezza can send an official submission to you ,stating that your events team will be posted and regullary updaded within dbcar and other related publications, also showing our google rating etc etc.
I personally would not ask for anything free at all,I would ask for cost price equipment for the proposed setup including a bank detail for you to internet bank them the cost of equipment.So basicly you get cost price and pick it up without paying and then pay them back.In the contract you draw up and send them as an ensample it states a budget that you cannot exceed.For example $5000 worth of equipment to be paid infull in 180 days.
Also the equipment needs to be under warranty for the full contract period >1 year.
This means that you will use this equipment for the warranty period and through competition if something blows up you send it back under warranty.After 1 year that gear is yours and it has been paid for 6 months ago.
Then a new contract is drawn up for the next year.
This contract ideal shows that you are not moving equipment that they sell to you cheap and that you are fully covered by warranty.
It needs to be in writting and sent with your request

9 years 1 week ago #55 by Tezzating
DD (here anyway) called "DD for Life" or something like that. Basically, they'll recone any series of their woofers to match the specs of the current generation. Have a 3510C but like the carbon cones, harder spiders and thicker voice coil windings ? They'll upgrade it for the cost of freight & parts (and a small builders fee for stripping and building).

Or.. you buy someones manky old 9515, then spend another few hundred to get back the equivalent of the 2010 model with whatever coils, cones and spiders you want.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 1 week ago #56 by Dylan
DD have been offering this soft parts upgrade for years.
9 years 1 week ago #57 by Andy
Yeah in this day and age most companies are pretty tight....things like hats / shirts / lanyards used to be plentiful and reps had them for every store and show they went to. These days its much rarer, you only get accessories like that bundled with a product/s.

Im not expecting to get the products for free, i just dont want to pay anything myself for them.....theres two other parties interested in sponsoring the car already, with atleast one of them agreeing to provide funds in return for advertising.
Its always a help when one of the guys helping with the sponsorship side used to be a sales rep for Kenwood ;)

Yes warranty / service is a must, im sure the company wouldnt do it if there wasnt a warranty agreement. :whistle:

Steve is the only one i know personally that has been sponsored for subs / amps / cable. So ive been taking in all his advice and trying to keep my expectations reasonable :laugh:

Yep thats what i was thinking of doing, buying those old 9515s for the basket / motor assembly basically then work out what would be the best coil config for the amps and get some nice composite cones and CF dustcaps :P
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #58 by Tezzating

Dylan wrote: DD have been offering this soft parts upgrade for years.

I wouldnt know.. I havent owned DD gear for years and only briefly owned my 99's

C.C.S.S. wrote: Yeah in this day and age most companies are pretty tight....things like hats / shirts / lanyards used to be plentiful and reps had them for every store and show they went to. These days its much rarer, you only get accessories like that bundled with a product/s.

Im not expecting to get the products for free.

Yep thats what i was thinking of doing, buying those old 9515s for the basket / motor assembly basically then work out what would be the best coil config for the amps and get some nice composite cones and CF dustcaps :P

I still have a JBL beenie and spray jacket at home, and my old "Team" shirt (sentimental value). The local guys threw me a DD shirt & lanyard which was very cool of them.. I'll prolly only wear it to events ;)

Well you're being realistic. You know you need to invest your own time and money into it, and have something to show before approaching. If the manufacturer wanted to spend the money and product building a demo car, they'll build their own, you need to provide something they cant do themselves.. and a running, competitive car is the best foot in the door.
And very rarely does the manuafcturer you want come onboard :P.

Why not just do what I did ? Grab those old 9515's and run them til they're broke, then recone them. May as well get some use from them ;)

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #59 by Andy
Well im trying to be realistic.....everyone should know this first brand we're trying isnt my first choice ;)

Im prepared to pay for the car itself, rego / running costs, batteries (probably D31s if not 2150s), power cabling and the enclosure/s. I will obviously get some decent fronts and i'll use my Alpine 9815 as the source.
Im asking for the sponsors to pay for the SPL equipment (subs and amps), in return they have full usage of the car for advertising etc.

I know im going to have to make up some pretty cover panels and make it look all nice for shows / photos etc. We cant have raw MDF and power cabling everywhere in promo shots can we? lol.

This could be an interesting little project:
cgi.ebay.com.au/1989...
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #60 by Tezzating

zion187reigneth wrote: Maybe tezza can send an official submission to you ,stating that your events team will be posted and regullary updaded within dbcar and other related publications, also showing our google rating etc etc.

Yeah, went rank 3rd on Google for "SPL Competition" right after termpro.com and iasca.com too ;)
And yeah, anything any one of our members does (not just us guys) thats of great note will go on the front page of the site !

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds