Can i run these subs with this amp?

8 years 11 months ago #1 by Joipisa
I was looking at some subs 2 12' that can handle 300 watt rms. and i have a planet audio amp taht i love but it kicks out 350 watt rms X 2 channels at 2 ohms but the subs are 4 ohms. can i put these subs 2 this amp. or should i just bridge the amp and run it like a mono amp 2 the subs. (it kicks out 700 watts rms at 4 ohm)
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Dylan
If you bridge it, you can either run it at 2 ohms or 8 ohms.

With the subs you have there really isn't any point to bridging it.

I'd just run it at 4ohms per channel.
8 years 11 months ago #3 by zion187reigneth
If your really keen on your amp and want to exploit its power.
2x 12" DVC = this means 1 sub has duel voice coils + 1 sub has duel voice coils.
The image explains the wiring

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

8 years 11 months ago #4 by pronuts

Joipisa wrote: I was looking at some subs 2 12' that can handle 300 watt rms. and i have a planet audio amp taht i love but it kicks out 350 watt rms X 2 channels at 2 ohms but the subs are 4 ohms. can i put these subs 2 this amp. or should i just bridge the amp and run it like a mono amp 2 the subs. (it kicks out 700 watts rms at 4 ohm)

The amp is low on power.Try 1x12 inch@4ohm sub woofer first.You get 700wrms and only pay for 1 woofer.
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by Tezzating

pronuts wrote: The amp is low on power.Try 1x12 inch@4ohm sub woofer first.You get 700wrms and only pay for 1 woofer.

This. You'll get a louder, tighter bass with one sub getting a good amount of power than you would with a pair that are underpowered.

You can learn more about why here: decibelcar.com/index...

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby
Time to create page: 2.116 seconds