Enclosure design RE MX-12 in CRX for Street A

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #21 by Tezzating
Picked up the RE today. Its a pretty sweet piece of gear. Homie bought it used with "a weird rattling noise", hacked off the dustcap only to find a piece of old resin rattling around. He replaced the OEM dustcap with some aftermarket one... had a kid :P then sold it to me.

Handily it came in a sealed box thats 13x15x23 and 18mm.. 1.97 cubes. External port and some bracing and its good to go which saves me some BS.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This thing has a 4" coil, heavy gauge flat wire coils, neo motor and twin spiders. Its pretty nice for $100 :P

This image is hidden for guests.

The lazy mans signature (TM)
Its Decibelcar.com Baby

This message has attachments images.

9 years 7 months ago #22 by Dylan
Eh, RE junk... :P
9 years 7 months ago #23 by Andy
Well if you come across that "RE junk" Dylan, just do yourself a favour and send it down to me :laugh:

Nice sub, saves you alot of work building a box to start off with.....but i know you Steve, you'll end up building two or three :P
9 years 7 months ago #24 by Dylan
There is shit loads of RE crap floating around Port Mac. Phil's little lackey Jason is pimping it out to anyone he can by bad mouthing any other brand they mention.
9 years 7 months ago #25 by Andy
Haha, thats gold.

I can still remember Jason walking around with RE brochures....poor kid, probably didnt get a decent discount on his gear either for all his work.

Certainly not the best way to go about promoting a product, is there any other decent SPL - orientated systems up there yet?
9 years 7 months ago #26 by Dylan
He likes to tell people he payed less than 1/2 RRP for his gear. Problem is, he is still missing most of his amps ;)

Apparently the Magna wagon is upgrading to MT15"s and a Banda amplifier....

Although he is slowly making the whole town think RE is the be all and end all of car audio. At least they leave me the fuck alone now :)
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #27 by Andy
Yeah ive noticed he STILL hasnt got the "28kw" or whatever Phil promised, wonder if he'll have them by xmas? haha.
How does the van sound?

Oh well it'll be interesting to see what this Magna can do (i assume a SPL system)......i doubt it'll break 150 ;)
9 years 6 months ago #28 by Dylan
Yeah, "28KW". The van is now a write off due to torn A-pillars. He tried to glue them back together, and that failed. now he is looking at getting some metal plate welded in there. Silly boy.

Honestly, it doesn't sound that great. Moves a fuck load of air, and that's about it. No highs, nothing really above 45Hz.

Didn't you know, the Magna was supposed to do 150's with the old system after they took the port plug out, and sealed up the back tailgate..... Well, that's what they tried to tell me. They probably just had the shit's that my 1 15" and 1/2 the power of a Z1 is 1dB louder...
9 years 6 months ago #29 by Andy
Haha, torn A pillars.....you get that :)
I dont see welded section of metal lasting that long TBH.

Not surprising it dosent have that much highs, did he even get a proper front stage?

Nah, theres no way that box did 150s, it wasnt anywhere near good enough. Look at how much work i did to get there, it took 5 boxes and over 40 hours of testing to get 150.1. Then another 3 boxes and 30 hours to get 150.5 haha.

Sorry Steve for taking this a touch OT BTW ;)
9 years 6 months ago #30 by Dylan
I know It's not going to last. They didn't build the car to withstand that much air movement so they could keep it dB drag legal, yet they want to play music on it for hours at a show. There's a reason SS car's don't demo for hour's at show's after they run, and I think Jason has just found this out.

He has 2 sets of 6.5" CDT Splits.

You and I know that there is no way they would have gotten 150's out of that box. But you can't tell Jason anything. He knows more about audio than everyone on this website put together ;)
9 years 6 months ago #31 by Tezzating
Only thing worse than a Gunna is a "Did but dont know what I'm doing". Lots of those guys here.. more moneys than sence. Was talking to a shop owner yesterday and he was saying there's dudes here who'll drop $20-30k into a system for their truck.. then be back at the shop every second week needing the EQ's and whatever re-set cos its too fiddly :P haha.

LOL torn A pillars. I hammered on the Festiva for years and never tore the sheet metal.. but did an aweful lot of work on prepping the body.

Anyways.. the RE was $100 reconed, thats why it got the nod and nothing else.

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 6 months ago #32 by Dylan
That's just stupid. If I drop that much money on something I'm making damn sure I know how to use it!

Yeah, I understand cheap gear LOL.
9 years 6 months ago #33 by Tezzating
Neglected to mention.. the RE came with an enclosure. Sealed, 18mm MDF, 13x17x23.. which is pretty darned close to what I was gunna build anyway. Its sub up, port back.. so I think I'll use the wood I've got to brace this one, fit a 6" port and be done with it :D

Its Decibelcar.com Baby
9 years 6 months ago #34 by Dylan
Sounds good. and cheap!
9 years 6 months ago #35 by Andy
Hmmm, i just found myself a 1200wrms amp for $70 delivered.....I say a SPL war :P

Now, where did i put that CRX, i know i saw it in the shed somewhere :laugh:
9 years 6 months ago #36 by Dylan
3-way race to crack 150? :P
9 years 6 months ago #37 by Andy
Nope, youve cheated....youre using DDs and more power than we have :laugh:
9 years 6 months ago #38 by Dylan
Your more experienced, and have been there before.

Plus, Steve is using a CRX :P
9 years 6 months ago #39 by Andy
Yeah Steve should be disqualified.....dosent matter as i dont think the SPL system will be done until the grey one is fixed, i keep telling him to just roll it into a shipping container and send it off, but he's not listening! :laugh:
I can get a nice little B16A VTEC for her then :P
9 years 6 months ago #40 by Dylan
ROFL, he loves it to much to ship it here and not come with it.

I wouldn't mind if he shipped red over here. I could go all SPL on it :D
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds